Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H3 camera signal loss

Reaction score
I've had my H3 for almost a week now, and this thing is amazing! Yesterday I started having problems with camera signal interruption. The image freezes on the ST16S screen and will not start functioning again unless I land the drone and completely restart both the drone and the controller. The software and firmware are both up to date and loss of signal happens when the drone is still within 50 feet of me. I thought maybe it was due to power lines or wifi interruption, so today I went to a different location and had the same problem. I'm also getting a "check for geomagnetic interference" warning despite calibrating the compass. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Once the battery is recharged, I'm going to try using the patch antenna to see if I can get better results. For the first few days I flew, I had no problems at all.

I had the same problem with the H3 right out of the box. I sent it back to B&H for a refund

Looks like Yuneec’s quality problems continue. I owned 4 Typhoons, 2 crashed and were replaced by Yuneec and 2 worked well. Sold the 4th when Yuneec pulled out of US market. I would buy another if they worked consistently but apparently they don’t. Thinking about the H3 but incoming reports don’t look good. Really a shame.

Reactions: cbcortesr
I am waiting on warmer weather to kick the testing of the new gimbal mount that is used h520e in to high gear. the gimbal mount on the 1st gen h520 ,h480,h3,and h plus are prone to issues that render the unit almost unusable

yes I do.. So far flew it only two times because I only have 2 batteries that will work with it. They improved the gimbal no more vibration during calibrations. oem antenna Range has been improved. the camera is better at being level during flight. the drawback no dual charger for oem h520e batteries. must use the oem charge cube only. cube can be modified to hook up to a third party charger. that being said the charger must support high voltage lithium and be able to set the charge rate to 4.4volts per cell. However the h3 battery can be used in the h520e and h3 has a dual charger available from yuneec. I have that charger waiting on 2 h3 batteries from vertigo drones. I hit the 28 min flight time with the 2 oem batteries. I am waiting for my vacation set in Jan 4th to 9th in GA to further test this unit. Now what peaks my interest is that yuneec web site is charging the same price for both batteries but voltage and capacity are not the same with the h3 being a bit lower than the 520e.

yuneec should consider to changing the gimbal mount for the h3 camera over to what is used on the h520e. and add it to the line up of cameras that are available to the h520e system.

Reactions: F14Am
I've never had any experience with the H plus, so I really can't say. Here are a couple of videos I've shot, just playing around with the H3. On a bright note, the signal loss issue seems to have been resolved. There was a software update yesterday morning. I flew for over an hour (4 batteries and 2 different locations) and had zero problems with the drone.

Reactions: gryphon966

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal