Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H3 no aperture manual or auto, OR zoom - baffling !!

Reaction score
Not really certain the purpose of the H3, afaik there is no aperture adjustment, no zoom lens, whereas 'real' video and stills drone cams (4/3rds or aps-c) for pros certainly have fstop adjustments w/o resorting to NDs, such as the cheaper dji mavic pro hassablad version - f2.8-f11. I personally would not classify the mavic pro as professional but moreso than the H3 w/o more total control over the camera/sensor/lens.

also the distance limit of reliable telemetry/vid control, surely could use a 2+ mile limit especially when a 2 person setup, say chasing a car or horse or that sort of thing where you can not stay physically close but if can see FPV then could easily keep a good shot assuming drone is fast enuf.

but then, once again what is the purpose of the H3 vs the H plus ?

surely with additional flight capability the H+ could do as much w/o the extra expense.

Confusing, what is yuneec's play/purpose for H3 !

I'm not really on the other side of the argument but, anything that carries a 'real' video or stills camera as you call it, is not going to be in the 2,300.00 price range. That said, from a consumer perspective, I too ask - what is the H3 going to give me that my Plus doesn't? From discussions on this forum there is a lot we know about the upcoming H3, and we know that from Yuneec's point of view it is their way of improving upon the Typhoon Platform.

We will not know the full story until someone gets their hands on one and in my opinion, the new camera and whatever tweeks and add on's they put into the H3 are going to have to be superb and function perfectly right out of the box to get most current Plus owners to even think about upgrading. However, I've said it before and I'll say it for a lot longer - the Typhoon Platform with the 360 gimbal, retracting gear and the controller layout put the Typhoon in a class that is still by itself so I do have to give Yuneec credit for continuing to try and improve it.

I am not sure but I don't think that the H3 has the ability to shoot three to five shots at different shutter speeds like one over and one under to give a properly exposed shot when blended together in an external editor like PS/LRcc. Yes(HDR).I know that the cameras that Youneec use are a fixed aperture setup. Surely it wouldn't be hard to add this feature to be added to the H/Hplus and the H3 cameras. I feel that this would bring Yuneec's high end offerings in line with DLI's and others.
Cheers.
Mike

I am not sure but I don't think that the H3 has the ability to shoot three to five shots at different shutter speeds like one over and one under to give a properly exposed shot when blended together in an external editor like PS/LRcc. Yes(HDR).I know that the cameras that Youneec use are a fixed aperture setup. Surely it wouldn't be hard to add this feature to be added to the H/Hplus and the H3 cameras. I feel that this would bring Yuneec's high end offerings in line with DLI's and others.
Cheers.
Mike
Like Bracketing on a Camera?

IMHO, further speculation of what the H3 has or doesn't have, is all BS without a physical product in the hands of someone who can then post actual results to guage the performance.

IMHO, further speculation of what the H3 has or doesn't have, is all BS without a physical product in the hands of someone who can then post actual results to guage the performance.

Hi Albert. I would love to hear your thoughts on what features you think the new H3 should have for the much higher price tag it carries.
Regards.
Mike

I didn't know there was a bird big enough to pick up the new hummer!

The third generation of the civilian Hummer is called the H3. So with all the speculation about the unreleased Yuneec Typhoon also called the H3. @thoneter was engaging in some offbeat humor about the expectations of the new system.
He is quite a nice person and makes interesting contributions during the winter months as the cold induces brain freeze in the lovable Minnesnowtan. ?

The third generation of the civilian Hummer is called the H3. So with all the speculation about the unreleased Yuneec Typhoon also called the H3. @thoneter was engaging in some offbeat humor about the expectations of the new system.
He is quite a nice person and makes interesting contributions during the winter months as the cold induces brain freeze in the lovable Minnesnowtan. ?
Sure it's all harmless fun I know no??

I appreciate the compliment but most of us don't get brain freeze as that would require a cerebrum and they froze and rotted away years ago! On the positive side us Minnesnowtans would really like to relocate to a location where 40 below zero is not a heard of thing!

So who is making these claims that I'm nice? That's one thing I've never heard from anyone before. We've got the 10 foot snow drifts melting right now so were heading to South Carolina for Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight! Hope you all have a great Christmas, sincerely!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval