Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H3 or just a HPlus +

Reaction score

I saw this post on YouTube, for those people like me who can't wait to see how much the hplus is different than the h3 this a great in dept review. (Its in german)

So far i would have to agree with "fan tho mass" that it is a HPlus with some simple software updates that could have easly been done on the hplus..

I love that yuneec made the batt hatch more secure, but most of all i kind of fear that the small differences with the hplus means that there wil not be a lot of updates for my hplus... or at least not any worth mentioning.

Curieus what you guys think of it!? And no am not just beeing salty for the sake of it. Just my personal view on a youtube vid,

Reactions: aedronix
Come back in six to twelve months then everyone can make an informed decision on what their next copter will be.

Yes i will but its safe to say that the things like cruise controle and lossless zoom could easly been a update on the plus if they allready have it on the h3.. also this is called the "hplus discusion" on de forum, so if all where facts it would have been called "h plus facts"[emoji848]
Come back in six to twelve months then everyone can make an informed decision on what their next copter will be.

Yes i will but its safe to say that the things like cruise controle and lossless zoom could easly been a update on the plus if they allready have it on the h3.. also this is called the "hplus discusion" on de forum, so if all where facts it would have been called "h plus facts"[emoji848]
There are very little facts about the H3 at the moment certainly not enough to make a purchase decision, and that will continue for some time, it's probably not in Yuneec plan to make it a tweaked plus, they want rightly or wrongly to appeal to a new audience, at least a majority, historically they see not to listen much to their customer base and make poor choices, some unbiased views and reviews are needed, I wish it all the success. The Yuneec CEO made claims that the camera will be backwards compatibile, so will see, judging by previous results probably not.

All verry true, but this is by far the most indept review avalible, you can see the flight modes and the lay-out, the photo, video quality and the difrences with the hplus so far. And so far it does not look great....

also i think its important to stay critical about products, upcomming or current. This is one of the key reasons why i did not want a dji in the begining because they have a large bias fan base with a lot of payed for reviews on YouTube. The most honest reviews on dji come about 1.5 years after the release.

My experience with upcomming products is that its important to be verry vocal in the begin stage so that the company can still tweak before the final product. If you wait till it comes out, the chances that major change will be made are slim to none.. (you name me one?) I dont understand that so little people seem to be critical about this upcomming yuneec product...

Reactions: aedronix
Curieus what you guys think of it!? And no am not just beeing salty for the sake of it. Just my personal view on a youtube vid,

Here is what I think about the H3 . . . . . .

. . . it is a repackaged H Plus that has a slightly altered camera body with a lens that carries a recognized name from within the camera industry. It also is showing signs that Yuneec has attempted to add things that should have/could have been twith the H Plus through simple firmware updates. And even though the firmware update to provide much of the interface that the H3 uses - has been in beta testing with some of our own members - even that has faults.

There are and have been, a good number of consumer drones on the market for years that utilize the Sony 1 inch sensor that the H Plus and now the H3 uses and the bottom line is this - they are all very close in terms of image quality. I could take an Inspire 1, a Phantom 4 Pro, a Mavic 2 Pro, a Typhoon H Plus, a Typhoon 520 and yes; even the H3 - and take pictures from each and when all is said and done, make prints at the highest quality and throw them all on the table and - no one would be able to tell which photo came from which drone - they would all be about the same quality.

And herein lies the the H3's biggest problem - it is yet another 1 inch sensor camera drone coming to a consumer drone party that started almost three years ago; so what does it bring to this party? Well, right off the bat it is going to be over 1000.00 dollars more than some of the competition in that 1 inch sensor market. Moreover, much of the competition has a track record while the H3 remains a mystery even still after it has been released.

My H Plus is becoming more valuable to me every day. If I were offered a brand new H3 for my one and a half year old Plus, I don't think I would take that trade, there are just too many unknowns at this point. We have all seen (in the US at least) what we could be faced with if we need a repair or parts or even someone on the other end of the phone, add to that, the current retail price of an H3 is over 800.00 more than the most recent price of the Plus (when you could find one) AND in the end - when you get right down to it; down to what it is that the drone is there to do - does the H3 do it any better?

I have been and still am, a huge fan of the Typhoon H series, when it first came out it was ground breaking and to some extent; still is. A sub 2000.00 drone with retractable gear, 360 camera that can be operated in team mode and a controller that to me, sets the standard for what a professional-level drone at a consumer-level price should be.

But with the H3's price of over 2,600.00, imagery that is not likely to be any better than any of the competition, and the current situation regarding CS and spares here in the US, it is starting to look like the Typhoon series high point - may have been the Plus or even the 480. Time will tell.

Last edited:
So far I am inclined to agree with that statement. One group who I think the H3 may appeal to, could be 480 users who held out through the 520 and Plus who; for obvious reasons want to stick with the Typhoon platform. But this 'slow drip' is hurting the H3 in my estimation. If only Yuneec would make an official announcement with a US release date that would go a long way to shoring things up (assuming they hit the release date).

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Yes i agree and to make myself even more clear i love my hplus and think its a awsome machine with great pic quality! I actualy took mine for a sunrise flight this morning and im still impressed by the smooth flight and great pictures.

I still hope that yuneec would make some tweeks on the hplus and listen to there costumer base. Also i dont understand why they gave demo drones to to people who make sh#$ video's with no real info, ive seen 3 people with youtube videos with the new H3, non in normal english and only "fan tho mass" made a decent review!? Why not give it to a known US drone youtube dude like you TY or captain drone or something. I speak german (and no i'm not a german[emoji39]) but you would say that you would get a larger audience when using a english speaking host. (Like dji does)

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Personally it looks good on paper, you get good results from the H480 and plus models, I can understand someone upgrading from a H if there doing commercial work, at the moment for me it seems an expensive upgrade, if it crashed it would be expensive to repair, perhaps I'm being too apprehensive, I've got by with what I've got, so I'm OK for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmie
When you look at the big camera brands, Nikon etc they have rebates, trade in etc, you have to make it appealing, jump out and you want it! Their marketing leaves a lot to be desired.

Reactions: aw. pier
Yep, and even other drone manufacturers right now, er - last month ? had some really good deals where they dropped the price and added in hundreds of dollars worth of gear just to make the deal sweeter.

Reactions: Mrgs1
Yep, and even other drone manufacturers right now, er - last month ? had some really good deals where they dropped the price and added in hundreds of dollars worth of gear just to make the deal sweeter.
Yep you've got to dangle a carrot nowadays?

My H Plus is perfect plus I take photo's 90% of the time. When it comes to straight standard photo's I just don't see how the H3 will be any better.

My H Plus is perfect plus I take photo's 90% of the time. When it comes to straight standard photo's I just don't see how the H3 will be any better.
That's the main thing, your happy, you don't need to convince anyone, it's only you at the end of the day.

Reactions: PatR

I saw this post on YouTube, for those people like me who can't wait to see how much the hplus is different than the h3 this a great in dept review. (Its in german)

So far i would have to agree with "fan tho mass" that it is a HPlus with some simple software updates that could have easly been done on the hplus..

I love that yuneec made the batt hatch more secure, but most of all i kind of fear that the small differences with the hplus means that there wil not be a lot of updates for my hplus... or at least not any worth mentioning.

Fan tho Mass has a new video out with much smoother video:
1581207773425.png

Reactions: aw. pier
The Yuneec CEO made claims that the camera will be backwards compatibile, so will see, judging by previous results probably not.
By backwards compatible, they meant that the 360° gimbal will allow for 180° camera orientation... :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements