Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

h520/DataPilot Maps update

Reaction score
Hello,
is there a way to update Bing Hybrid Map we use in the DataPilot? Things happen such as new constractions, devastations/destructions etc. taking place changing environment and we cannot see it is included/updated.
This makes that e.g. corridor planning is a bit challanging. Imagine pls. a new highway cutting through a forest. All one sees in the DataPilot is forest, no reference points .....

Any ideas, pls. share.

If one map provider is not updating in time, only option I see is to try others.

We are at the mercy of the suppliers, are we not?

It should be possible to check, outside DataPilot, to see if an updated map even exists, from a chosen provider. Try via a PC, smartphone, Mac, et al and see what you see. Once updates are found, then we can start expecting updates to download to DataPilot.

Makes sense to me, anyway.

Jeff

Look at the side of Google Satellite maps, they have just been updated in recent weeks (in Google Earth and Maps).
At least for the Eupore.
At my house, all the new roundabouts built last year are on the cards.
Bing rarely updates its cards.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Look at the side of Google Satellite maps, they have just been updated in recent weeks (in Google Earth and Maps).
At least for the Eupore.
At my house, all the new roundabouts built last year are on the cards.
Bing rarely updates its cards.
Thx.
Google did not update anything within my aera.

It's normal, they do cyclic updates. They can't do it constantly. There are areas that take 5 years to update and others from year to year.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval