Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 E10t codecs

Reaction score
Hello everyone!! Just getting familiar with h520 with e10t thermal camera and I have a question. I done some test recordings with normal camera and then switched to thermal. I removed my mini sd card and put in my laptop for review. However, it wont play the thermal video. I get an error about codecs. I can play the normal camera view. Any one have any suggestions. thanks..

What is the file extension on the thermal files? You can then do a search on the internet for a player compatible with that extension, which should already contain the proper codec.

They are all mp4 format. but for some reason only the thermals give the error. Which is weird considering they are both the same format.

Can you upload one of them to the "Gallery" section of the forum, and post a link to it in this thread? You can also upload it to someplace like YouTube, and post a link.

It will not let you upload directely to the thread. You have to upload to the "Media" section and then embed a link. I'm not real familiar with the process, but it is something like this:

Media.jpg

You might want to try another software. I experienced similar issues with several programs. Espacially the new Windows 10 program (Media Player replacement) is complete junk. I had the best result using VLC Media Player. It is even able to recover broken videos from time to time.

Reactions: hwilliams1105
So, I just found out all the ones that would not play are normal camera not thermal. vlc player played all of them. I cant find the thermal video I recorded. I assumed the ones I couldnt play where thermal ones but not the case. In my sd folder are a bunch of sub folders with nothing in them except the few normal camera ones. So i am not sure what happened.

So, I just found out all the ones that would not play are normal camera not thermal. vlc player played all of them. I cant find the thermal video I recorded. I assumed the ones I couldnt play where thermal ones but not the case. In my sd folder are a bunch of sub folders with nothing in them except the few normal camera ones. So i am not sure what happened.
That answers my question above. Each video file has 2 video tracks. You can extract the thermal video track using a simple tool. See this thread:

Last edited:
So the thermal is a dual track MP4
Various video editing programs can see them and seperate them. I personally use LumaFusion app for the iPad.
but for quick playback use VLC media player
Go to the video tab and choose stream I think and choose the 1 or 2 stream to see RGB or thermal.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval