Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 Fly away.... Help identifying the issue needed!

Reaction score
First, Where has Yuneec USA gone? No phone numbers, website has no ability to setup a call....

Yesterday while flying a test flight (I was trying to test the battery switch when flying a way point flight plan) I lost control of the drone.
I am looking for some help identifying what happened. This drone was a replacement last year (flying missions that required battery changes failed to work at all - controller and drone would not be able to continue at all after the battery change) that I have hardly used.

The first flight went well, battery depleted and the drone returned to take off point.
Switched the battery and tried to continue the mission but the mission restarted so I landed and selected the way point I believed the drone reached with the first battery.
I manually took of (I think, might have been the previous take off) and then selected to continue the mission, very shortly after the drone started flying very erratically. I tried repeatedly to cancel the mission and take control, the controller was repeatedly saying " Returned control to pilot" but i never regained control.
Once the drone crashed, I found that one of the motors was still turning even though the drone was on it's side.

This is the flight log from the airframe. (the flight log from the controller was corrupt and so far i haven't been able to open it).

I have a mission to fly with this drone on Friday so i have to get some replacement parts fast (an arm is the main part) and then some testing providing someone can give guidance on why this happened.

First, Where has Yuneec USA gone? No phone numbers, website has no ability to setup a call....

Yesterday while flying a test flight (I was trying to test the battery switch when flying a way point flight plan) I lost control of the drone.
I am looking for some help identifying what happened. This drone was a replacement last year (flying missions that required battery changes failed to work at all - controller and drone would not be able to continue at all after the battery change) that I have hardly used.

The first flight went well, battery depleted and the drone returned to take off point.
Switched the battery and tried to continue the mission but the mission restarted so I landed and selected the way point I believed the drone reached with the first battery.
I manually took of (I think, might have been the previous take off) and then selected to continue the mission, very shortly after the drone started flying very erratically. I tried repeatedly to cancel the mission and take control, the controller was repeatedly saying " Returned control to pilot" but i never regained control.
Once the drone crashed, I found that one of the motors was still turning even though the drone was on it's side.

This is the flight log from the airframe. (the flight log from the controller was corrupt and so far i haven't been able to open it).

I have a mission to fly with this drone on Friday so i have to get some replacement parts fast (an arm is the main part) and then some testing providing someone can give guidance on why this happened.
One of the guys will have a look at the data.

As to Yuneec in the USA, they have pulled out for the moment. There is no information on how long or if they will be back.

"Help identifying the issue needed".... The programmers made mistakes. When a drone fly's away, thank the programmers that didn't do their job well enough.
There was a reason NASA uses quadruple redundancy... and even that wasn't enough to proof them from programmer mistakes, the astronauts still had to do it by hand when it mattered.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval