Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 import shape files from GIS into datapilot

Reaction score
Has anyone used CAD files or GIS shape files base maps to create way points for autonomous flights like for survey or Pole line inspections?
Question would be importing the data to create way points.

Not sure we just picked up this equipment Yuneec H520 and using Data Pilot. I'm a novice for sure.
I can use CAD GIS and survey Software Leica Zeno 20. So any interactions would be awesome with this Yuneec System from controller.

It's possible to import shp polygon in survey or shp line in corridor in QGC/Datapilot. Also it's simple to convert shp to kml in GIS software. For waypoint mission you can import line shp to MissionPlaner software and save mission as .waypoint or .plan that is readable by QGC.

Reactions: geoek
KML or Line shape
can import line shp to MissionPlaner software and save mission as .waypoint or .plan that is readable by QGC. Just didn't know if I use offline map function or is there an import command or drop down cant seem to find the process in Data Pilot to import these items. Is there some ref. material? Thank you

Johnny D that's not so simple. Yuneec H520 was based at PX4 stack firmware , which is using mavlink for communication. There is lots of application supporting mavlink. Also DataPilot it is actually "branded" QGroundControl app. I never tried connecting Mission Planner to H520 (possibly some features would work), but like I said also some files formats can be transferred between these programs.

Thanks for all the information, going to get familiar with all the bells and whistles on the default application that came with the drone before implementing other software. We have “The E30Z for the YUNEEC H520 Hexacopter is a powerful 30x zoom drone camera and makes it easy to zoom in on distant objects to gain valuable details.”
Just don’t think it does survey work like modeling. Have you used this camera before?

E30Z has only 1080p - around 2MP. Also Autofocus + not reliably fixed focal length may be problem for mapping. I can't see any sense for using it that way.

I believe you are correct I haven’t had much time on the equipment yet but certainly a good point the other alternative cameras will need to be purchased to actually do the job correctly. I believe it’s the other Yuneec E90 if I’m not mistaken.
Thank you for your information as
Well.

You bet. e90 is your best option if you plan mapping missions. It has 1" 20 MP sensor and 23 mm focal lenght lens what makes it good for mapping.
E30Z is intended for inspections rather than mapping&surveying.
E50 has only 12 MP and 1/2" sensor. Its 50 mm lens is a bit too long as for mapping.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval