Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 in an Extreme Wind Test

This is kinda odd. I saw this same clip a few months back. I was pretty sure it was about the Typhoon H, but I may have been mistaken. It sure does show what the Yuneec's can do though.
I saw it too. And, yes, I do believe it was about a H. Also the clip from a while ago showed the camera being blown over by a strong gust at the end, a caption saying the Phantom was blown 4 miles down wind... just like in this one.

Reactions: Murray Martz
I saw it too. And, yes, I do believe it was about a H. Also the clip from a while ago showed the camera being blown over by a strong gust at the end, a caption saying the Phantom was blown 4 miles down wind... just like in this one.
Then I didn't imagine it. Pretty sure it's an H 480 up there

Then I didn't imagine it. Pretty sure it's an H 480 up there
I'm doubting myself now. the one shown in the clip that Ray posted above is definitely a 520.

Anyway. No matter. It shows that a hex is better in a strong wind...and that's all I need to know.

I went back to my You Tube history, my mistake, the info is correct.
Fair enough.
That clip posted above must have been posted to this forum before. I see that it was posted to Youtube on March 9th 2017 so that's the better part of 2 months ago.

Fair enough.
That clip posted above must have been posted to this forum before. I see that it was posted to Youtube on March 9th 2017 so that's the better part of 2 months ago.
I had it in two places of my history, so it's the same one for sure, just my excitement at how good the H was made me not pay attention to the model. But yes, you can clearly see it's orange.

I'm doubting myself now. the one shown in the clip that Ray posted above is definitely a 520.

Anyway. No matter. It shows that a hex is better in a strong wind...and that's all I need to know.

A hex has always been better in high winds. A coaxial 6 or 8 does better still.

A hex has always been better in high winds. A coaxial 6 or 8 does better still.
I agree. My H is far more stable than the Phantom I own. I had my H in the air earlier today and it was rock solid but my Phantom which I flew on Sunday in similar wind wasn't so solid...and this has always been the case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech