Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 now downgraded back to V1.1.11 from 1.2.0

Peggy

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have got fed up waiting for the official call back from Yuneec UK so I took a gamble on the downgrade of flight controller firmware.

I can confirm I have successfully downgraded my H520 back to firmware 1.1.11 and no longer on 1.2.0 and my battery % is now correct again, I will test over the next few days whether that has improved the jpgs from being cloudy as well.
With the battery % back to normal I should see improved flight time again from 11-13 mins back to around 22 mins. I will expect less in the cold whether obviously but not by nearly half.

To do the downgrade format an SD Card and load 1.1.11 onto it. Put the SD card into the camera boot the 520.
It will do a series of light changes in a circle and when its finished will give the reassuring 2 bleeps. and the camera light will flash green.
Shut it off, remove the battery for 30 secs and put in the normal SD card you use, reboot the aircraft and then do aall the calibrations and your good to go.
Hope this is helpful to you

5cae9c706637e51b037bb31eb7cf11fb.jpg
9777a9302e9046a17b72437d166612e5.jpg

The 2nd picture is of a storage battery percentage. When I booted it originally it was at 45% which to me is correct.
1.2.0 reported it at being 33%
So things are looking up.
I now also have the toggle manual angle mode back to cancel RTL.

Reactions: JoKeR
Hi Guys,
I have got fed up waiting for the official call back from Yuneec UK so I took a gamble on the downgrade of flight controller firmware.

I can confirm I have successfully downgraded my H520 back to firmware 1.1.11 and no longer on 1.2.0 and my battery % is now correct again, I will test over the next few days whether that has improved the jpgs from being cloudy as well.
With the battery % back to normal I should see improved flight time again from 11-13 mins back to around 22 mins. I will expect less in the cold whether obviously but not by nearly half.

To do the downgrade format an SD Card and load 1.1.11 onto it. Put the SD card into the camera boot the 520.
It will do a series of light changes in a circle and when its finished will give the reassuring 2 bleeps. and the camera light will flash green.
Shut it off, remove the battery for 30 secs and put in the normal SD card you use, reboot the aircraft and then do aall the calibrations and your good to go.
Hope this is helpful to you
That's good to know. My flight times plummeted too. Was getting 24 minutes before upgrade. Now it's about on par with my DJI Spark...

Reactions: Peggy
Case to follow, thank you
But did you keep the alarm level low (16%) or is it raised to 30%?

Case to follow, thank you
But did you keep the alarm level low (16%) or is it raised to 30%?

Didn’t check that Claud was too busy trying to recalibrate everything.
It’s basically gone back to the toggle method at 27% so I’m assuming I am back to auto land at 21% which can be toggled out
I’m happy to be back there if I’m honest.
I will check the levels next time I fire it up bud

Reactions: Graham
So after testing the 1.1.11 firmware today I can confirm flight times are now back up. 2 screenshots below.
1st screenshot was 520 liHv battery at 28% and 19 minutes.
2nd screenshot was H480 battery at 20% and 22 mins flight.
Even in temp outside being 5 degrees C I doubled my flight time from firmware 1.2.0
Ok so I had toggle at 27% to cancel RTL but hey small price to pay.

db84fdd78144e0a8d160816fede28d3a.jpg
5ed0da323caeb414c21f5a63524b1115.jpg

And the dull JPEG and curves on the E90?

Not looked at the Sd card yet Dave. That’s tomorrow’s job.
I was testing the new E50 I have mostly but did take some with the E90
Will report back here tomorrow

Reactions: Dave P
Will report
Will report back here tomorrow

Eagerly awaiting the report on the pictures from the E90!

E90 is showing no signs of improvement Panomapic so no point of uploading them.

It’s a big fat orange lemon on that one

However I did find an error on the E50
On another thread which I hope the chap reads here because I can’t find his original post he mentions he is losing connection with his E50.
I too lost all connection and an RTL was initiated at 150m. Yeah I know wow.
I saw he was on gimble firmware 1.33 which is not even on yuneecs website. The reason is there are bugs in it.
So I downgraded to 1.31 gimble and the connection is much better.
He was also on 0.4.0 camera firmware and I suggest he installs 1.0.01

Dang, that's disappointing. Do you feel like the jpegs from the E90 are useless for mapping as well?

They have different antenna design on the E50, I find a far better signal is achieved using the directional antenna on the ST16 and always pointing it to the camera's location, where as the E90 is far more forgiving when using the circular polarised, unless of course you are using the 4Hawks which is just great with all of the cameras.

Reactions: Peggy
Thanks Dave,

I'll take a look at them later tonight; the wifi on the plane can't quite handle the images haha.

If you want to see some comparisons I have some files here:
BadleyE90Test_Orthomosaic_export_FriJan19.tif = E90
BadleyE50test_Orthomosaic_export_FriJan19.tif =E50

These were shot with auto settings on a misty dull winters day, 0.6in/px for the E90 and 0.5in/px for the E50

With which program have you processed the images?

I ask you because I have processed a few projects with Pix4D and E90 with an almost identical GSD and I see the images with more sharpness. I have looked at the car, at both images and compare it with what I have processed and see more sharpness and resolution in mine.

With which program have you processed the images?

I ask you because I have processed a few projects with Pix4D and E90 with an almost identical GSD and I see the images with more sharpness. I have looked at the car, at both images and compare it with what I have processed and see more sharpness and resolution in mine.

I used Drone Deploy for these, this was flown at high speed, shutter was not properly set for the conditions, I would imagine this is motion blur. It was cold and I did not want to be outside that long :)

I used Drone Deploy for these, this was flown at high speed, shutter was not properly set for the conditions, I would imagine this is motion blur. It was cold and I did not want to be outside that long :)

I have woolen gloves that only reach half the fingers, like those of car drivers. For fingertip sensitivity. Enough to hold on for a while :)

I was looking at some with heaters and a USB cable to plug into a powerbank :D

Reactions: Dave P

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval