Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

h520 terrain follow

Reaction score
Dear h520 pilots,
Hope you are all well staying safe from coronavirus!

I know that pieces of terrain follow planning/executing have already been discussed here and there but I have a feeling that it has not been described in all details.

Therefore I would be very happy if somebody could explain me/us step by step whole of the procedure.

I have downloaded both offline map as well as elevation tiles prior (it was just 5,4 kb - 2 tiles) to going to flight site. Will I still need connection to the net/wifi from my mobile? If so when to give st16s access to it? I tried to execute a mission and failed to upload it - the st16s said it was waiting for a server to deliver elevationdata. I provided access to my wifi (from my mobile) but was and am confused whether it worked in a shadow or I was suppose to manually reset links and appiont mobile wifi to connect to instead of e90. It looked as it was not working unless it takes long (gave it a few minuts and could not see any output).

I am confused for I watched Yuneec's video on that but it is not selfexplanatory ....

I will be pleased if somebody gives me step by step instruction.

Br,
Pawel

I always create my missions in DataPilot PC so it loads the terrain into the plan before I go to the field. Just put it on a thumb drive and push it over to the ST16s. I have never had any luck with the sync function.

Sync-function works for me ... No issues with it. I can perfectly plan my mission with DataPilot on my PC and upload it to my ST16S. Offcourse, the controller needs to be connected on the same wifi-network, but that speeks for itselves :)

Reactions: chascoadmin
Sync-function works for me ... No issues with it. I can perfectly plan my mission with DataPilot on my PC and upload it to my ST16S. Offcourse, the controller needs to be connected on the same wifi-network, but that speeks for itselves :)
I thinking i've got a porting issue with my firewall. Anyone know what port the communications are on?

I thinking i've got a porting issue with my firewall. Anyone know what port the communications are on?

Normally, if you connect to the same wifi, there are usually no communication problems since you are connecting in a local network created by the modem and the medium is wireless. Another thing is that through the wifi you also have access to the outside. If you have not changed the configuration on the modem, you should have no problem establishing communication.

Depending on the type of computer, PC or MAC, it can influence the type of network you have, it is not the same to work in a private network as in a public one, I am talking about the type of network.

Normally, in the Wifi part you should have DHCP and NAT enabled so the redirection is automatic.

The best and easiest way to prove that you have communication between both devices is through a Ping. Look at the modem to see what IP both have and from one of them ping the other.

Normally, if you connect to the same wifi, there are usually no communication problems since you are connecting in a local network created by the modem and the medium is wireless. Another thing is that through the wifi you also have access to the outside. If you have not changed the configuration on the modem, you should have no problem establishing communication.

Depending on the type of computer, PC or MAC, it can influence the type of network you have, it is not the same to work in a private network as in a public one, I am talking about the type of network.

Normally, in the Wifi part you should have DHCP and NAT enabled so the redirection is automatic.

The best and easiest way to prove that you have communication between both devices is through a Ping. Look at the modem to see what IP both have and from one of them ping the other.
No, I found it. I'm on a VPN server with a Cisco ASA in between so I've got to create a new wifi segment to allow the device. I have some things going on for work that I have segments and bridges so my workstation can have two network authentications, but I can't put that device on either that I already have setup. I just expected it to work. Looks like this POS ST16 proprietary android crap won't run my management software.

That's what it was. I temporarily allowed it on my IoT network without the management software and it appears to be working. Now to figure out where it should live. This thing is about as vulnerable as a naked baby.

Firewall ? Just be sure you are on the same network? Turn off antivirus and firewalls.
It works:)

Make exceptionts based upon mac-addresses ?
Yes, I made an exception for its MAC on my IoT segment. I think that would be a good place for it to reside since it is an unsecure device. It was because it didn't have my management software on it why it couldn't get permissions through my normal WiFi segment.

If you are (with all you equipment) behind a firewall I should not worry too much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval