Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520e Update Available

Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure everyone saw there is new AP firmware (1.9.0-1.7.135), Android update (v1.0.19) and DataPilot (2.2.16) now available. I was not told about anything specific so i'll have to find the release notes and report back. Fingers crossed that something starts touching the glitches.

the new firmware has fixed the issue of data pilot not launching when st16e is turned on. have to wait to next week to see how the other 1.9.0-1.7.135 works out.

HEADS UP

Everyone please report if you have any issues with the Android update. Mine crashed while rebooting and took me to the Android recovery screen of which there is no way to navigate on a controller thus there was no way to shut it down without pulling the battery. I tried it 3 times with the exact same behaviour every time so I just factory reset and found DP v2.2.7. It is really nice now though that that's all you need. Just load it and let it find everything else.

Reactions: WTFDproject
my non rtk h520e st16e required you to manually start data pilot. while the rtk h520e automatically went into data pilot.

The real focus here is a "Heads up" about the update and a reliable way to recover via the battery/reload firmware. Great post.

But for the sake of future reference, this also might be a good place to mention:
On the original ST16 you can scroll up/down on the android recovery screen using the volume control buttons. Swipe to the left (not press or tap) for both the "+" (scroll up) and "-"(scroll down). Note you swipe left for both "+" and "-".
"Enter" is a quick off/on cycle of the power switch. (As you noted above, the power switch does not work as an "off/on button" when the android recovery screen is active. It will not turn the controller off if you do it too slowly. But it may not trigger the "enter" command.)

I am not certain this will work the same on ST16S. I don't have a way to try it.
Neither touch nor any of the inputs worked. None of the 3 times. I also saw it freeze up the OS when I rebooted before I wiped it. Once I wiped it and reloaded DP the Android update worked. All the others are fine.

Reactions: WTFDproject
my non rtk h520e st16e required you to manually start data pilot. while the rtk h520e automatically went into data pilot.
You probably already know but for others who don't you can choose which launcher you want. The home launcher, alternate skin or DP. I defaulted mine to home because I also have my email and Cloud account on there so I can download missions and update them back if I change them.

You probably already know but for others who don't you can choose which launcher you want. The home launcher, alternate skin or DP. I defaulted mine to home because I also have my email and Cloud account on there so I can download missions and update them back if I change them.
Just wanted to say, even though I no longer use the Yuneec.
That did not work for me. Either I could not select it or when I could, it was always reset and after the new start it was still the normal launcher and not DP.

EDIT:
When was the last time that was happening? Were you on Datapilot v2?
The one that came out out about a week ago? DataPilot and Android?
The last time was in October and everything on the latest version at the time, even Datapilot 2.something
And I will no longer try new updates, because it is and remains now tucked away.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say, even though I no longer use the Yuneec.
That did not work for me. Either I could not select it or when I could, it was always reset and after the new start it was still the normal launcher and not DP.
When was the last time that was happening? Were you on Datapilot v2?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hypano
the updates so far have no issues just did 7 flights with the rtk h520e. 4 of them were back to back with e30zx no melting as of yet batteries were luke warm to the touch at the connector heads. the slight jog to the left when going forwards right after take off is gone. battery life left is little more accurate. all 7 flights used the same ultra x 6300 battery on the modified power adapter connected to the st16e with out any problems. would like the ability to manual enter the number for pitch of the camera and it stays at that number, instead of relying just on the left hand slide switch. it very hard to get it set to 1 or even 0. and if they enable the ability to enter the pitch of the camera manually have the changes to the amount pitch increase or decrease to .5 instead of just the whole numbers that are used now. also enable to set the zoom amount manually entering the numbers to the desired zoom level.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz