Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520e version coming out soon

Reaction score
few web sites both vertigo drones and B&h makes mention of a E version of the yuneec h520 coming out soon. the plain h520 is listed discontinued.

Reactions: Steve Carr
few web sites both vertigo drones and B&h makes mention of a E version of the yuneec h520 coming out soon. the plain h520 is listed discontinued.
Hi,
Could you pls. drop links to this sites? Have checked both names and could not find anything.

Does it say what E stands for, what to expect and whether both h520 and e version would be compatible so e.g. cameras from current version will fit the newer one?

Br,
Pawel

Same thing I've heard, a new H520E alongside an H920E which i assume is the updated Tornado which was shown in a german trade show last year. Both with rtk options.

Apparently the original rtk kit was canned as it didnt live up to promise. Thats a pity as original H520 were to be upgradeable.

Yeah, Terrance, it's the version for security-conscious organizations.
Also, USA customers take note that Yuneec has restarted shipping parts/units to us.

I'm told the G is only sold by 3DR.

Hello all.

I've been waiting for Yuneec to provide more information about their US operations after coming across the H520. I have not received a direct reply back from them on my questions of their restart-up in the US but their website has shown some activity recently. Or does it? Is the below info old?

Doing some research, I found that Agrowing references a product for the H520E that is "coming soon".

Hopefully this is all good good news and that people will be able to get support for the products they purchased and those wanting to do business with Yuneec can do so soon. That is unless the info has always been there and I just now came across it. I could have swore that the phone/contact info for the US wasn't present even just last week.

Last edited:
fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me im staying away from yunook

And it's already late...
We have a saying: better late than never...

Anyway, let's see how it finally works.

It's a pitty we, current, users of h520 will be hardly able to use anything on the e. Batteries, cameras etc. they are all completely different.

as for the upgrade to e520rtk from h520 thats going to have massive hardware change over. to possibly convert todays h520 to eh520 new mainboard atleast 2 new arms that are not available currently (they hold the antennas) new radio module, possibly new upper and lower body shells. new compass gps hardware for starters. the new st16e controller. may not be able to get the parts to upgrade the st16s to st16e controller. conflicting info from yuneec Europe and yuneec Israel on the st16e on the antenna front. yuneec Europe has three antenna like we have now. While yuneec Israel shows only 2 antennas stick form with no mushroom. There are no upgrade paths for the current h520 payloads to be used on the h520e. new payloads for the h520e must be purchased.

Yes, Awesome.
"New Battery connector wiht fail safe design" ..
Expect to put your old H520s in the closet soon, as it stands to reason that there is going to be a shortage of old H520 batteries in favor of new ones to be manufactured.
More material that will become obsolete before its time.
Estimated lifespan of what you buy now = two years.

only h520 part I be looking retire now slowly is all the flight batteries and then the current 4 dy3 chargers I have for the h480 batteries. If I can convert the h520 dy5 to the new battery pinouts I do so they are the same battery type just different plug ends for now. The st16s multi bay chargers will be kept should be able to use them on the st16e batteries. Waiting to see if the props been changed. cameras will be retired. but the h520 I have going to hold on and see if it can be converted over with new parts.

Yes, Awesome.
"New Battery connector wiht fail safe design" ..
Expect to put your old H520s in the closet soon, as it stands to reason that there is going to be a shortage of old H520 batteries in favor of new ones to be manufactured.
More material that will become obsolete before its time.
Estimated lifespan of what you buy now = two years.

Sounds like there is no reason to invest in old H520 any more.
Let us wait till mid Oct. though when new E is lauched. We will see then (I hope) what Yuneec is saying about fate of the old one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval