Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H920Plus WiFi module programming/setup

Reaction score
Help please.
What is the procedure to program/setup the H920Plus WiFi module? There appears to be a program button and a monitor port(JST ZH 4 pin) on the board. See photo.
Thanks. E7C164F7-F3D1-4894-96B1-232D747A5993.jpeg

Not sure I understand the extent of the question. It comes from the factory ready to be installed and bound for normal use. Are you wanting to do something else with it, or perhaps having trouble getting a bind?

Not sure I understand the extent of the question. It comes from the factory ready to be installed and bound for normal use. Are you wanting to do something else with it, or perhaps having trouble getting a bind?
I just want to verify that it is configured correctly. I appears that the same module is used in the H920Plus and the Typhoon H480. Also probably two different output power levels for US and EU countries.

Last edited:
It's essentially the same module used since the Q500. And looking at the picture, it appears it may be identical to the module used in the Blade Chromas that came setup for use with the ST10 Controller. (Blade Chroma was built by Yuneec) and the H520. There were only two real variations of the module itself, and even those were interchangeable. Some were bare. Some were sealed in shrink wrap, some had the metal cover, some had both, all were the same underneath. The only real differences were in the antenna style and the color/length of the wires. I don't have an H920, but the modules in all other model's (Q500, Chroma, Typhoon H, HPlus and H520) are interchangeable (If the new one has long enough wires and if you swap antennas) without doing anything at all to the programming.

Also probably two different output power levels for US and EU countries.
The only difference is firmware is in the cameras. The EU firmware reduced the video power output from the camera to controller. All other firmware is identical.

I'm not certain, but I think the button is simply a reset for the rf module.

It's essentially the same module used since the Q500. And looking at the picture, it appears it may be identical to the module used in the Blade Chromas that came setup for use with the ST10 Controller. (Blade Chroma was built by Yuneec) and the H520. There were only two real variations of the module itself, and even those were interchangeable. Some were bare. Some were sealed in shrink wrap, some had the metal cover, some had both, all were the same underneath. The only real differences were in the antenna style and the color/length of the wires. I don't have an H920, but the modules in all other model's (Q500, Chroma, Typhoon H, HPlus and H520) are interchangeable (If the new one has long enough wires and if you swap antennas) without doing anything at all to the programming.
Thanks. I am attempting to convert a H920 to a H920Plus. It appears that that the H920Plus has a different Flight Controller FCØ and WiFi module. The other aircraft systems appear identical. The H920Plus uses the ST16 controller not the ST24 and the CGO4 is configured differently. The flight control software in the H920Plus seems very similar to the H480 Typhoon software. They both use the same GUI.

That's an interesting project. As I recall the 920 main board is different for the Plus version. Have you changed it?
And, yes, the ST16 firmware is identical for the H920+ and the H480.
Not sure about the CGO4. I thought they were the same. I know of at least one owner who uses the ST16 and ST24 for team mode to fly the 920+. He is using the ST24 to control the camera.

The wifi module on the 920 is the 2.4 GHz signal for control. The camera wifi is separate.

I asked in another topic about the same thing. There I got some moral lessons, but this doesn't matter.

The ZigBee RF chip has a register, where the TX power can be set on the fly. Limitation IMHO comes from the GPS position. Better antenna overcomes all limitations. Now my antenna is with SWR 2 and this is a stock one. Changing to better will improve the signal strength with lots of.

TXPOWER.jpg

That's an interesting project. As I recall the 920 main board is different for the Plus version. Have you changed it?
And, yes, the ST16 firmware is identical for the H920+ and the H480.
Not sure about the CGO4. I thought they were the same. I know of at least one owner who uses the ST16 and ST24 for team mode to fly the 920+. He is using the ST24 to control the camera.

The wifi module on the 920 is the 2.4 GHz signal for control. The camera wifi is separate.
I believe the power distribution board PDB is the same on both units, H920Plus and H920. See attached photos. Guess I will find out. They look the same physically and have the same printed version numbers, etc. Also I do not think the PDB contains any software other than the electronic speed control IC settings. For some reason the H920 and SR24 does have a different 2.4 GHz WiFi module. The CGO4 for the two units is definitely configured differently and is not interchangeable.
I posted on the Facebook forum and here regarding my experience using the H920PLUS, GB603, Sony A7RII with ST16/ST24 in team/dual mode.

Attachments

• DCF6294E-2A2B-4275-938F-FF9C393D8AE3.jpeg
    DCF6294E-2A2B-4275-938F-FF9C393D8AE3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
  • 3042A13D-7F03-4C3D-8CE4-92C89567CC16.jpeg
    3042A13D-7F03-4C3D-8CE4-92C89567CC16.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
  • Love
Reactions: Steve Carr
Excellent. Indeed those board have the same part number. So does the 920+ FCO contain the IMU?
The H920Plus FCØ must contain the IMU, pressure transducer for altitude sensing and all flight software since there are no other modules. It is interesting to note that the H920PLUS FCØ has a port for an IMU. Someone at Yuneec must have planned to add a second IMU for redundancy in the future like other manufacturers have done. I just hope that the FCØ I am getting has good non corrupted flight software. There are at least two versions that I have seen: V1.14 and V1.19. I do not know how they differ. I am afraid that the knowledge, equipment and software to download to the H920Plus FCØ has been lost.

I am afraid that the knowledge, equipment and software to download to the H920Plus FCØ has been lost.
The updates on the ST16 are the same as the H480 using an sd card in the controller. The FCO could be updated using the GUI. Assuming you can find the firmware.

The updates on the ST16 are the same as the H480 using an sd card in the controller. The FCO could be updated using the GUI. Assuming you can find the firmware.
Would be worth a try using the GUI to update the FCØ. Do you have a written procedure? Also, any ideas where I could find H920Plus FCØ firmware/Software? I am running b30 in my ST16 and think that is the latest version. Have you seen any info on CGO4 firmware/software updates? I have seen nothing.

Would be worth a try using the GUI to update the FCØ. Do you have a written procedure? Also, any ideas where I could find H920Plus FCØ firmware/Software? I am running b30 in my ST16 and think that is the latest version. Have you seen any info on CGO4 firmware/software updates? I have seen nothing.
I noticed that an H920 I have came with the Q500 Programming Interface, it makes me think there must be a way to use the GUI on the H920......

Attachments

• Q500 Yuneec GUI w-Lead New 10.1.png
    Q500 Yuneec GUI w-Lead New 10.1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
I noticed that an H920 I have came with the Q500 Programming Interface, it makes me think there must be a way to use the GUI on the H920......
I was told by Yuneec that the H920 would work with the Q500 GUI but I could not get it to connect. The H920Plus seems to work well with the H480 GUI. This is logical since the H920Plus works with the ST16. Would ne nice if you could get the NFZ removal tool to work with the H920Plus.

I was told by Yuneec that the H920 would work with the Q500 GUI but I could not get it to connect. The H920Plus seems to work well with the H480 GUI. This is logical since the H920Plus works with the ST16. Would ne nice if you could get the NFZ removal tool to work with the H920Plus.
I saw an old post that indicates the 920 does not have NFZ firmware. I have no way to test that, however.

To install the firmware on the FCO, I would use the same method as done on the H480. Open the gui, select Tools-Firmware Update. Then select the location of the stored firmware. With the 920 turned off, connect it to the pc and the firmware should begin to load.

The picture in item #1 is not the WiFi module. It is the ZigBee RC receiver, based on CC2530. What the port is for I don't know. The button goes not to the reset pin but to one of the ports (P0_5). I guess it is the 'Bind' button. Many RC receiver have a bind button. The question is if the firmware still support this input pin. Newer versions of SR24 don't have the button any more.

The programming pads (debug port) are on the back side.

sr24_debug.JPG

When I try ti read the firmware I got an empty file. But the chip itself answerd with the correct product code: a524
(CC2531 same chip but with USB interface has b524). I don't know if we can flash it. I didn't try to keep my receiver working ;-).

Edit: Here are the pins for the port. Functionality is also defined in the firmware:

sr24_front.JPG

br HE

Last edited:
  • Love
Thanks. I am attempting to convert a H920 to a H920Plus. It appears that that the H920Plus has a different Flight Controller FCØ and WiFi module. The other aircraft systems appear identical. The H920Plus uses the ST16 controller not the ST24 and the CGO4 is configured differently. The flight control software in the H920Plus seems very similar to the H480 Typhoon software. They both use the same GUI.
ATTENTION! If you convert H920 to "plus": "team mode" is finished!!!!!

ATTENTION! If you convert H920 to "plus": "team mode" is finished!!!!!
Thanks. I understand. The improved flight characteristics especially altitude control with the Plus drive my choice. Cruse control and waypoint programming on the ST16 are also very nice. I still have team mode with the H920Plus, ST16, GB603, Sony A7RII and ST24 setup.

I saw an old post that indicates the 920 does not have NFZ firmware. I have no way to test that, however.

To install the firmware on the FCO, I would use the same method as done on the H480. Open the gui, select Tools-Firmware Update. Then select the location of the stored firmware. With the 920 turned off, connect it to the pc and the firmware should begin to load.
I agree… I read the same thing. Problem is, apparently the H920+ does have NFZ software.

• Sad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval