Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HACK - Enjoy the silence: Disable the CGO fan with a simple file

Reaction score
Hi,

I am still hacking the CGO to get more out of it. I found another one: the build-in fan can be disabled with a simple file, which must be created in the root directory of your SD card.

The file must be named "temperature". No extension, no contents. Just create that empty file on the SD card, insert, start the cam and enjoy the silence.

DISCLAIMER: the fan is probably installed with some intention, so I don't take any responsibility for any damages to your hardware if you use this hack during flights or records.

Reactions: h-elsner
Note: that file increases a calibration counter, so yuneec will see that you used the file when you send it in.

Well, all hacks should be done solely by people who know the consequences. If it would be too easy, it would be no hack. I found this one by decompiling the camera firmware, trying to find out how to connect it to a PC.

I had a camera that after a few minutes the fan would stop working and shut down. A few seconds later it would disconnect from the wifi and the light would go from blue back to white rendering the camera useless till it cooled down again.

While interesting from an exploratory "how it's made" standpoint, I cannot see the point in turning off the internal cooling fan. Does the internal mic pick up the fan noise when using it on the handheld thingy? Even then, it can't be so loud as to disrupt the intended audio, unless you're using it in the far corners of a room where getting the entire room in the shot is more important than getting any detailed shots.

Obviously you have not heard any video from the hand held device before with a CGO3 :rolleyes:
It is very load and makes any audio useless

Yeah I'm having a lot of trouble locating the recommended batteries. Seems kinda stupid of them to build it around those instead of the same battery that powers the drone.

Got a hack to turn off the irritating sound the ST-10+ makes when it starts up?
No kidding! The little chime itself is not necessarily so annoying, but it blasts at 735,838 decibels no matter how low you have the volume set! Would be nice if that could be turned off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval