Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Installing Apps in ST10?

You basically start the following activity with ADB: adb shell am start -a android.settings.SOUND_SETTINGS

The app would do the same.

There you can disable notification sounds, which is also used on boot-up. Please note: the boot up sound can not be changed that way. If you want to have an individual sound, you have to follow the instructions how to root the device and replace the boot sound file with another one. An app could do that actually.

You basically start the following activity with ADB: adb shell am start -a android.settings.SOUND_SETTINGS

The app would do the same.

There you can disable notification sounds, which is also used on boot-up. Please note: the boot up sound can not be changed that way. If you want to have an individual sound, you have to follow the instructions how to root the device and replace the boot sound file with another one. An app could do that actually.

Okie-dokie, thank you.

There are basically tons of use cases how to enhance the ST10 with customized software:

Easy Stuff:
- Add a file manager and image viewer to preview the images from the CGO without removing the SD card
- Increase the Wifi-Speed from 6MBit to 54Mbit to download images and videos faster for preview on the ST10 directly. (Yes, that's possible!)
- Connect the ST10 to other wifis to upload log files somewhere
- Access the sound settings to disable the noisy boot sound.
- etc.

Hard Stuff:
- Proxy camera commands from a mobile device to the CGO via Wifi Direct or Bluetooth to use extended range of the ST10 on a second screen (needs more exploration if the ST10 has hardware capabilities)

well this is only what I'd use. If someone has any need for that, I could write an appropriate app to do that.

btw: I have my copter over two years now, so my warranty is void anyway. Time to tune it a bit.
can you please send me these programs i have been during research and i have never found anybody that actually said they can do this. can you please post a link for these downloads?

I haven't written those yet. To give you the prove that I can do it, I will create one that will
- let you open the system sound settings
- the system wifi settings

and upload it here this weekend. The other features need more time to implement, though I have done that already for the Typhoon Camera app, so it is merely "copy / paste".

I already wrote in this forum how to write and install apps on the ST10. But again: it will replace the default settings app with a custom one and intercepts the android.settings.SETTINGS action, so it will launched in place. From there, you could launch any other app or activity.

As I said, the easy stuff can be done without any further investigation. The only limiting factor is the enduring lack of time.

Attached the APK demo with the functions above in a q&d implementation. Remove the trailing .zip. Afterwards copy the APK to your SD card of the ST10 and install the APK with ADB (Android Debug Bridge (adb) | Android Studio). I will add the file manager/viewer and the other features later.

After installation, open the settings. It should now ask which app you want to start, choose the custom app. Pretty basic at the moment.

PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL LOSE YOUR WARRANTY!!!!! IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO OR WHAT THE APP DOES, DON'T TRY THIS AS IT MIGHT BREAK OTHER FEATURES OF THE REMOTE. I TAKE ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES.

EDIT: Updated the APK to launch the default settings.

Attachments

• app-release.apk.zip
    39.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital