Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Happy Thanksgiving!

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hope all of our US members have a safe and joyous holiday. For the rest of our members may you still enjoy the day and celebrate the good things in your lives.

Now the day is almost over I can say the American Indians consider today one of mourning[emoji22]

But for the rest, I hope you’ve had a pleasant and serene Thanksgiving.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Now the day is almost over I can say the American Indians consider today one of mourning[emoji22]

But for the rest, I hope you’ve had a pleasant and serene Thanksgiving.

Pat,

I have to admit that you have put a new perspective on my view of the Thanksgiving Holiday. We all learned in school the purported start of the tradition.

We also should know by now, how most of the US was overrun by European immigrants as the westward expansion of our country took place. One of my great-great grandmothers was Cherokee and part of the Trail of Tears.

I never really looked at the day as a Native American might, but as most Christian raised US citizens considered it a time to gather with family and friends, eat one of my favorite meals (turkey, dressing, and candied yams), and reflect on the many blessings and freedoms we enjoy as a “free” nation.

I can say to Native Americans as a group, that I wish we treated this land with the respect and reverence of your ancestors. The world may be a much better place if it were so.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Perspective is everything! I'm not Native American but sometimes think about how much different things could have been. In some ways nothing has changed, only the way activities are described are muted to portray actions differently from what actually takes place. Things get interesting when we elect to review who we are and what we do from an opposing perspective. It can make for a better understanding.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro