Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Height limitation turn off - how to?

I set the limit the limit to 400' in the ST16, it appeared to take, then the next flight I watched the bird sail right past 400 and keep climbing.
The height limit gets set in the GUI not the ST-16. The only setting for height in the controller is the RTH as memory serves me.

That is correct, so if you had previously removed the height limit via the GUI the 400’ limit set via the ST-16 would not become functional unless RTH was triggered. If the H was already flying above 400’ when RTH was triggered it would remain at the higher altitude until it arrived at the home point.

All height and distance (geo fencing) limits are alleged to be functional when using Smart mode but as I have never used Smart mode at higher altitudes I can’t confirm or deny that.

I sometimes fly from my street, which is 200ft below the ridge line.
In the past I set the ceiling to 500ft so I could climb to 300 ft AGL over the ridge.
A year later, I noticed that 200ft AGL was high enough over the ridge & trees.
Now I have my ceiling set back to 122m (400ft).

Hi again!

You are quite accurate, I like that kind of people :)

Regarding to Your answers Polish law regulation are difficult and besides You are right, but not exactly. Now I will explain You why: in general You shouldnt fly above level 150 meters, but isn't forbidden. This regulation is made becouse of colision possiblity with small aircrafts. In case of collision the blame in general is put onto drone operator. That is why You shouldn't fly above 150 meters, if You don't have much experience or above is existing fly traffic.

You can also look further in more reliable sources:

www.pansa.pl
or

Have re-posted this to our sUAS Rules and Regs forum... ?

Just curious, did the people having problems getting changes to stick have any success running the GUI as administrator?

I have applied a new height to mine, but have had no time / been rained off since then so haven't been able to check in practice yet. Will report as soon as I get a chance to test...

Just curious, did the people having problems getting changes to stick have any success running the GUI as administrator?

Finally got a chance to test this, and yes, running that as Admin makes all the difference, and for the first time today my little H just kept going up until I asked it to stop ! That's that mystery solved then hey ? :)

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone