Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HELLO ALL!

Reaction score
so just wanted to say hello to everyone. so ive been flying drones for about 2 years, ive flown almost ever major brand, and to be honest my favorite is yuneec, not because the price is good, but because its a drone company that i recommend to a lot of starters because you get a hands on feeling ,your in control, no heavy automation(don't get me wrong its nice to watch technology at work), just you and the drone.

i am the new owner of a Typhoon H, bought it used for $400, came with 3 batteries,fpvlr antennas, backpack and wizard. I recently picked up the realsense module for $275 and i need to ask is it worth it? or should i sell it? what i plan to soon is the external antennas, and ill be testing a DIY rear sonar kit i built myself and some little extras(i have a 3d Printer so making parts on my end is super easy)

Only you can answer that question. Will you be using the H to track you through the woods, or to fly indoors ? If so, then fit the RS module. Otherwise, there is a reasonable argument that you just don't need it. I think I turned the standard sonar OA on once, to check it worked and have never needed it since, and I have not regretted not getting the RS version at all so far. But then I am quite a careful pilot, so I am always flying within VLoS, so I can do my own obstacle avoidance ! :)

i was recently contracted by a start up drone company and they told me that they would send me anywhere as far as Baton Rouge, for realestate, survey,commercial,Industrial, i think the whole path learning is neat and i could probably make a few bucks going out to those off road places and recording a family outing if requested by them as well as using the follow me mode for land realestate

Reactions: DroneRTools
Like @AeroJ says, unless you expect to be flying indoors or in tight areas I see little need for RS. I don't have RS and I never will simply because I don't fly in such areas with my H.

Indeed, I've never ever even switched on the sonar OA...I feel I have no need for even that: My eyes are my OA.

The RealSense is only of added value in "Follow Me" and "Watch Me" modes and using IPS indoors (well lit).

I have RS on one of my H and I haven't turned it on in over a year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements