Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello from Indiana

Reaction score
Hello All,
New to forums So be Kind lol. Been a pilot for about 2 yrs now, just moving up to a larger and multi rotor machine. I chose the fully loaded Yuneec typhoon H pro which is in transit as we speak. I'm used to the cheap 8 to 10" "toy" Drones, So needless to say I'm excited to "level up!" sorta speak. I look forward in getting to know the community.

Howdy and welcome to the forum's

I'm fairly new to the larger birds myself, found an older q500 4k to start out with, I was looking into an H Pro myself when the Q500 popped up on CL at a price that was very affordable.

The "H" I was going to get is still on CL, not many drone buyers out there right now except for the smaller ones, even those don't sell very fast.

So you've got some time with the mid sized drones and Lipo batteries?

The "H" uses a proprietary battery but you can use chargers other than the stock supplied one, shorter charge times and with a balance board you can charge more than one at a time.

This will be my first venture into aerial video photography, not sure I want to get much further into it yet,

There's a lot to gather from this forum, just ask your question and someone will answer up to help,

Have fun !

Hello All,
New to forums So be Kind lol. Been a pilot for about 2 yrs now, just moving up to a larger and multi rotor machine. I chose the fully loaded Yuneec typhoon H pro which is in transit as we speak. I'm used to the cheap 8 to 10" "toy" Drones, So needless to say I'm excited to "level up!" sorta speak. I look forward in getting to know the community.
Welcome to YuneecPilots!

You will find the Typhoon H to be a joy to fly. It is not a racing drone and is built with taking photos and video in mind. It is quite stable in wind and the controller is not a cheap game controller.

I would suggest you go to the Typhoon H section of the forum and read through the sticky posts in both the Discussion and How To sections.

Attached is the ‘bible’ for the Typhoon H. Sit down with it and the aircraft and familiarize yourself with the system. When you get ready to take your first flights, be sure to remove the camera and get used to flying. Once you are comfortable taking off, controlling flight, and landing softly you can add the camera.

There is a lot of information here and if you have trouble grasping any of it feel free to ask questions.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 7
Thanks a lot Calvin, yes a couple years now. the ones I'm used to are considered toys, or indoor. I'm not new to RC or 3D printers, or Drones for that matter, just was more curious about the site it's self and most of all if anyone had any stl files for custom parts. Good tip on the battery/charger info too, TY!

Thanks DoomMeister, that's partially why I'm here, to learn the in's and out's of the machine from current users and soak up thier willing knowledge. "Will do" on the stickey posts. TY!

Thanks DoomMeister, that's partially why I'm here, to learn the in's and out's of the machine from current users and soak up thier willing knowledge. "Will do" on the stickey posts. TY!
Quite welcome. If you check my previous post you will find I went back and attached the User Msnusl I mentioned being the Bible for the TH and TH Pro. I got interrupted and spaced uploading it.

The "H" will be a different kind of flyer, it's designed to be stable in flight also with GPS they let you focus more on the photography instead of flying the craft itself.

There are a lot of good tutorials on the "H" on Youtube.

Reactions: Mechanic
Welcome to YP forum.Most valuable source of info for all yuneec drone users,indeed. I have had my th pro for over a year,wish I had the extended manual,it was put together by Forum members volunteers. It is 3 times as lond as the yuneec manual and has 10 times more valuable instructions do's and don'ts.I recommend you study it well before flying. I have read it over many times and will do again soon b4 I do my first of the year flight. Good Luck,Keith

Reactions: Mechanic
Hello,
Good to meet you. My name is Brad and I live in Speedway, In. Good to know there are other Typhoon owners in God's country? May I suggest a balance charger . They will keep your batteries at 50% charge which is the
optimum way to keep them as they last longer and don't get the battery bulge that is common with typhoon h batteries. It will either charge up to 50% or take it down from a full charge. There are a couple of different ones but they all look the same gifi makes one . I don't know about the quality of the charger but the gifi batteries are okay and do give you a little more flying time. Look on Amazon or ebay. Yep the batteries are expensive so anything you can do to make them last longer is worth the investment. I have never heard of anybody having really good results with anything but the battery that is designed for it that doesn't mean there aren't good results out there I've just never heard of it.
Where are you in Indiana?
Thanks Brad

Fyi , make sure the batteries and charger are for the typhoon h480 not the other typhoon models . Sorry I forgot to mention that earlier

Hello,
Good to meet you. My name is Brad and I live in Speedway, In. Good to know there are other Typhoon owners in God's country? May I suggest a balance charger . They will keep your batteries at 50% charge which is the
optimum way to keep them as they last longer and don't get the battery bulge that is common with typhoon h batteries. It will either charge up to 50% or take it down from a full charge. There are a couple of different ones but they all look the same gifi makes one . I don't know about the quality of the charger but the gifi batteries are okay and do give you a little more flying time. Look on Amazon or ebay. Yep the batteries are expensive so anything you can do to make them last longer is worth the investment. I have never heard of anybody having really good results with anything but the battery that is designed for it that doesn't mean there aren't good results out there I've just never heard of it.
Where are you in Indiana?
Thanks Brad
Hi senbukan, still not sure what part of indiana mechanic is in but im in martinsville myself. I have a skyrc B6AC v2 charger/balancer. Havent used it yet but the adapter cable i ordered to fit typhoon H batteries should be here today.

May I suggest a balance charger . They will keep your batteries at 50% charge which is the
optimum way to keep them as they last longer and don't get the battery bulge that is common with typhoon h batteries. It will either charge up to 50% or take it down from a full charge.
Given that the bulge problem is common to all Lipo batteries and not just those of the H480, the ideal storage condition is not the percentage of charge but the amount of voltage of the individual cells, which must be 3.8V per cell. In the case of the 4S in use on typhoon H, the battery voltage will be increased to 15.2V while the charge percentage will vary depending on the condition of the battery itself. There has been a lot of talk about batteries, their good condition depends not only on storage, but also on how they are used and recharged.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval