Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello from Kansas City (Missouri, USA)

Reaction score
I am the new owner of a used Typhoon H, the backpack kit model.
It’s 4 yrs old and has spent most that time in storage, not flown much. It does have a few scuff marks around the motors.
I am able to see propellers sometimes in the camera view. I saw on a post here that may be sign of something broken in the gimbal or housing.
One of the 2 OEM batteries is puffy, so I am disposing of it properly and getting a higher capacity replacement.

I am a beginner recreational drone pilot, having flown a DJI Mini 2 and a microwhoop for 6 months.

Ultimately, I am interested in getting FAR 107 cert. and using Team Mode for professional photography, with me as the pilot and a friend who is an accomplished photographer. I have ordered another ST16.

Any advise on these matters or in general?

Thanks

Welcome to YuneecPilots!

Seeing the props in your video is not necessarily a sign of a problem with the camera. With the camera in the level position and fast forward flight (especially at the start of such) the props will come into view. Slow smooth flight makes for good videography.

Power up the system on a level surface and place the Tilt Mode and the Pan Mode switches in the Up position. With the Tilt slider in full forward the camera should be level with the horizon and in full back position the camera should point straight down. Place the Tilt slider in center position (you will hear a beep) and the camera should point down at 45 degrees.

Now place the Tilt Mode switch in the Down position and move the Tilt slider slightly down until the camera starts moving. It should continue to move until it reaches full down position. Now move the slider forward until the camera starts moving up then return the slider to center to stop the motion. This is the Rate mode for tilt and the further from center the faster the camera moves until it reaches its full travel. It also allows the camera to move up past level and the props can be visible (that is the position the camera can go to during fast forward flight to keep the camera level and why the props can come into view).

Now place the Tilt slider and Tilt Mode switch in the full up position so the camera will be level with the horizon. Move the Pan Knob left and right of center and the camera should remain pointing forward.

Now move the Pan Mode switch to the center position and move the Pan Knob left and right of center the camera will turn in the direction of the Pan Knob, and the farther left or right you turn the knob the faster the camera turns in that direction. Returning the knob to center will stop the camera in the direction it is facing. If you pick up the drone and rotate it the camera turns with the aircraft.

Now place the Pan Mode switch in the down position. Moving the Pan Knob will cause the camera to move just like when the Pan Mode is in the center position. The difference is that the direction you point the camera will not change when you pick up the aircraft and rotate it.

Now place the Pan Mode switch full up and the camera will immediately turn to face the same direction as the aircraft.

When you enter Team Mode the ST16 that controls the camera can use the right stick to control the camera positioning by placing the Tilt Mode and Pan Mode switches in the full down position. This can also be used during a CCC mission so you can smoothly control the camera while the aircraft flies itself on the mission.

Download the attached User Enhanced Manual and keep a copy on your smart phone for easy reference in the field.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: 7cyclops
Welcome to YuneecPilots!

Seeing the props in your video is not necessarily a sign of a problem with the camera. With the camera in the level position and fast forward flight (especially at the start of such) the props will come into view. Slow smooth flight makes for good videography.

Power up the system on a level surface and place the Tilt Mode and the Pan Mode switches in the Up position. With the Tilt slider in full forward the camera should be level with the horizon and in full back position the camera should point straight down. Place the Tilt slider in center position (you will hear a beep) and the camera should point down at 45 degrees.

Now place the Tilt Mode switch in the Down position and move the Tilt slider slightly down until the camera starts moving. It should continue to move until it reaches full down position. Now move the slider forward until the camera starts moving up then return the slider to center to stop the motion. This is the Rate mode for tilt and the further from center the faster the camera moves until it reaches its full travel. It also allows the camera to move up past level and the props can be visible (that is the position the camera can go to during fast forward flight to keep the camera level and why the props can come into view).

Now place the Tilt slider and Tilt Mode switch in the full up position so the camera will be level with the horizon. Move the Pan Knob left and right of center and the camera should remain pointing forward.

Now move the Pan Mode switch to the center position and move the Pan Knob left and right of center the camera will turn in the direction of the Pan Knob, and the farther left or right you turn the knob the faster the camera turns in that direction. Returning the knob to center will stop the camera in the direction it is facing. If you pick up the drone and rotate it the camera turns with the aircraft.

Now place the Pan Mode switch in the down position. Moving the Pan Knob will cause the camera to move just like when the Pan Mode is in the center position. The difference is that the direction you point the camera will not change when you pick up the aircraft and rotate it.

Now place the Pan Mode switch full up and the camera will immediately turn to face the same direction as the aircraft.

When you enter Team Mode the ST16 that controls the camera can use the right stick to control the camera positioning by placing the Tilt Mode and Pan Mode switches in the full down position. This can also be used during a CCC mission so you can smoothly control the camera while the aircraft flies itself on the mission.

Download the attached User Enhanced Manual and keep a copy on your smart phone for easy reference in the field.
Thank you so much for the very nicely written instructions. It will definitively help me, as I have been struggling to figure out those details intuitively, especially with with my current shortened battery life. That User Enhanced Manual is a great resource, too.

Welcome and hello from Kc Mo!! I live in Independence!
Thanks for responding. Nice to know there is another Yuneec flier nearby. I work in Independence and live near Longview Lake.
If you are interested in meeting up sometime, please let me know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430