Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello from Tehachapi CA. Elevated Survey LLC

Reaction score
Hello, I live in Tehachapi CA, aka “The birthplace of wind turbines.” I started a drone business about 2.5yrs ago. I also work full time. I bought the H520 just under a year ago and while I don’t fly it frequently (because I didn’t want to crash it), I also have a Q500 that I fly more often.
I just invested in the editing side of the business, so I will have that new learning curve as well. I would like to note that I have read the H520 owner’s manual multiple times and have a general knowledge of the craft and have no problems launching, flying, manually operating the camera, and landing. I have done it many times.
I am having a difficult time understanding how the process uses and records geospatial data from surveys. While there is excellent satellite reception, I cannot find any information on what datum the craft uses, or any altitude information on the ST16. It shows flight altitude agl, but what datum is it using? Is this information available on the ST16? There is nothing in the owners manual about that. How do
You access the geospatial information associated with the craft.
Incidentally I just crashed the craft but have a warranty on the craft and E90 so the repair process has been started. I am aware that I have very limited knowledge of this craft, but I also hold a private glider rating so I understand the requirements for flight, and I understand what the H520 is supposed to be capable of.

The flight altitude is in reference to the takeoff point. There should be EXIF data on the photos showing GPS position, exposure values, and possibly camera tilt angle. @arruntus @claudius62 @NorWiscPilot or @chascoadmin should be able to give you more info.

Hello, I live in Tehachapi CA, aka “The birthplace of wind turbines.” I started a drone business about 2.5yrs ago. I also work full time. I bought the H520 just under a year ago and while I don’t fly it frequently (because I didn’t want to crash it), I also have a Q500 that I fly more often.
I just invested in the editing side of the business, so I will have that new learning curve as well. I would like to note that I have read the H520 owner’s manual multiple times and have a general knowledge of the craft and have no problems launching, flying, manually operating the camera, and landing. I have done it many times.
I am having a difficult time understanding how the process uses and records geospatial data from surveys. While there is excellent satellite reception, I cannot find any information on what datum the craft uses, or any altitude information on the ST16. It shows flight altitude agl, but what datum is it using? Is this information available on the ST16? There is nothing in the owners manual about that. How do
You access the geospatial information associated with the craft.
Incidentally I just crashed the craft but have a warranty on the craft and E90 so the repair process has been started. I am aware that I have very limited knowledge of this craft, but I also hold a private glider rating so I understand the requirements for flight, and I understand what the H520 is supposed to be capable of.
Congrats on the business that's making it through these hard times! Are you trying to get real time telemetry of the aircraft? If so it is on the bottom right hand side of the screen as you fly. It should be giving you latitude and longitude. This is the same WGS84 and ellipsoid data that is tagged on the photos.

If you want to get the relevant data off of the pictures I would suggest using geoceter . It not only shows you the full spectrum of exit data, but it shows the pins on an aerial map. This is the program we use to retag the photos when using PPK GNSS equipment.

As @DoomMeister mentioned the AGL is just the Drone into relation to its takeoff point occasionally you might see a negative number if you take off from higher point and fly manually below it.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal