Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help Getting ST-16 to See Update Files

PatR

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Okay, I admit I've held off updating to the latest firmware for the ST-16 but I've finally gotten around to doing it. However, no matter what I do the -16 keeps coming back with can't find the file. I've cleared the SD card 4 times, re-formatted, cleared the firmware file from my laptop and down loaded from Yuneec again three times with the same result. I've turned off antivirus for the download from Yuneec, all with no joy. I've even mounted the card in the ST-16, where is shows no files on the card. I've tried 2 San Disc and 1 PNY cards. The camera/gimbal update went fine, and no, that file is not on the card.

I'm out of ideas, hopefully someone else has some. WIndows 10 and PC.

Did you rename the file in any way?
It MUST have the extension of yuneec at the end of the file name.
ST16_V3.1.23.yuneec
Above is the correct file name for the current ST-16 firmware on the yuneec site.

Pat, So the ST-16 is not seeing a card? You are copying from your computer to a card the file " ST16_V3.1.23.Yuneec" ?
Can you try the card that came with the drone?

Sorry, Bob, I didn't see you here.

Same file. No changes to the file name, no opening of the file, no zipped files to deal with, which we don't deal with when one is there because the system does that all by itself. No alteration of any kind. This isn't my first H update rodeo, everything since May/June had gone well. I'll give the original card a try.

As for how the file is transferred, I've done Yuneec>laptop>SD Card>ST-16, several times, and also Yuneec>SD card>ST-16. The camera took the San Disc card just fine but the 16 seems to be wearing a blindfold.

Just noticed the file name suffix on mine is .yuneec, all lower case letters

Seems using the original SD card is kind of important.... Thanks guys, that did it.

Advice to everyone else, don't lose that original SD card.

Glad you got her going. I had the same problem on my very first firmware update. Would not work till I used a 16 GIG card. First attempt was with a 64GB.

Thanks. It was like, WTF, I never have any problems. Sure, just wait. Rose up and bit me on the butt.

Despite the camera accepts large cards, the transmitter only accepts cards up to 32GB.

True ... 32 gig cards are Fat32 ... anything bigger is ExFat which the controller (st16) doesn't seem to recognize ... been there, done that ... took half a day to find this out .. I finally ended up using the sd card that came with the H ... now I keep a 4 gig card just for updates ... works great for both the camera and the st16

Question ... does any one know if Yuneec is updating the ST16 so we can use the Google Play Store icon that came with the ST16 ?? It would be nice to have if only to do updates. I keep getting the error msg that I need to authenticate/sign in which I have done on all my devices but for some reason can't do it on the ST16 ... is Yuneec working on this .... anyone ???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval