Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Here is my take on the H

Reaction score
After 4 hours of setting up and checking her out , here is what I can say:
Awesome! Flew like an Angel of God! no flight issues, no bad experience, Loved it!
But.... Let me say this:
1) Two thin wires sticking out of fan vents, stressed me for 1/2 hour, found out they are supposed to be there so don't fret!.
2). Gimbal calibration went perfect- after I realized that in Lee's video she states main status light will be solid GREEN, it will , if you calibrate in 'Smart" mode, I never recommend flying in that mode(26' Circle of Death" lives there!. So since I had it switched to "Angle" mode , could not get status light to be solid green, instead solid purple. Freak me out I did not have a good calibration. Another 1/2 later realized its okay to calibrate in Angle Mode, but you will get a solid Purple, not Green main status light. No problem, she's ready to go!.
3) Not quite!, After turning on the controller first, then the H all booted up correctly , except I could not get a camera feed to my controller from the camera!. Called Yuneec they ran me though the loops and loops, took gimbal off, put it back on. Went into system setting and re-linked controller to H, it worked, then it didn't. Then did more loop de loos and it worked so I said good bye to tech support. Took her out and fired controller first, the H, s**t, no camera feed again. So had a cold beer and scratched my head, and guess what? !. All this fricken time I was turning her on like a Phantom 3/4. Push On button once then twice. Excuse ME, Will not work for the H. I was turning the H on doing it twice, but on the second push I was turning the camera OFF!. So H on and camera was off, thus no feed!. Do not turn H on but with one push and 2 second hold, H will come on and them camera tiny LED above lens will blink GREEN and walla! camera feed to ST16.
4). Took her to field buy my home and flew her perfectly!!! Amen!.
Now do not **** on my video, shot in 4K, Just alittle baby flight in and she flew perfectly, tomorrow I will let her rip!
Oh! one issue was landing gear would not go up, just shook alittle , but would not raise!. I fiqiured she may have got her HOT LEGS jammed in shipment so I brought to the ground with a light bump on landing, and hallelujah! Landing gear work like cake!. My video has no adjustments as I have not even fiqured out how to do anything yet on the camera or a hundred other functions.
Forgive my long BS, but you asked and you received!
LOVE HER !

More will come, now that I can trust her, but less words and more vids!
One thing, a hex sure fly's different than a quad! Learned real fast, does not have the quick turning ability, even in Rabbit mode, with Turtle it was almost impossible to get a yaw turn out of her !

Awesome! Flew like an Angel of God! no flight issues, no bad experience, Loved it!
But.... Let me say this:
1) Two thin wires sticking out of fan vents, stressed me for 1/2 hour, found out they are supposed to be there so don't fret!.
2). Gimbal calibration went perfect- after I realized that in Lee's video she states main status light will be solid GREEN, it will , if you calibrate in 'Smart" mode, I never recommend flying in that mode(26' Circle of Death" lives there!. So since I had it switched to "Angle" mode , could not get status light to be solid green, instead solid purple. Freak me out I did not have a good calibration. Another 1/2 later realized its okay to calibrate in Angle Mode, but you will get a solid Purple, not Green main status light. No problem, she's ready to go!.
3) Not quite!, After turning on the controller first, then the H all booted up correctly , except I could not get a camera feed to my controller from the camera!. Called Yuneec they ran me though the loops and loops, took gimbal off, put it back on. Went into system setting and re-linked controller to H, it worked, then it didn't. Then did more loop de loos and it worked so I said good bye to tech support. Took her out and fired controller first, the H, s**t, no camera feed again. So had a cold beer and scratched my head, and guess what? !. All this fricken time I was turning her on like a Phantom 3/4. Push On button once then twice. Excuse ME, Will not work for the H. I was turning the H on doing it twice, but on the second push I was turning the camera OFF!. So H on and camera was off, thus no feed!. Do not turn H on but with one push and 2 second hold, H will come on and them camera tiny LED above lens will blink GREEN and walla! camera feed to ST16.
Now do not **** on my video, shot in 4K, Just alittle baby flight in and she flew perfectly, tomorrow I will let her rip!
Oh! one issue was landing gear would not go up, just shook alittle , but would not raise!. I fiqiured she may have got her HOT LEGS jammed in shipment so I brought to the ground with a light bump on landing, and hallelujah! Landing gear work like cake!. My video has no adjustments as I have not even fiqured out how to do anything yet on the camera or a hundred other functions.
LOVE HER !
thats great DC....i was thinking of you all frigging day....thanks for the short review......glad you like it...mine is on its way....

Reactions: DroneClone
Drone Clone, here is my take on my first flight with this baby:

I also noticed the two wires and they freaked me out, I have a sigh of relief now that I know they are suppose to be there.
Started up like a champ, but one thing I noticed my gimbal did not center itself like I saw in the videos.
Calibration:
Seemed like a piece of cake but I caught myself hitting the power button twice and turning the H off in mid calibration I was like UGH!!!!
Finally got it to calibrate fine but was freaking out cause the gimbal looked to be moving all over the place.
Calibrated the gimbal as well and did a full 360 rotation, no issues.
Take off was smooth but once I got it up about 50 ft it wouldn't respond to my commands so I freaked out a bit, just let it hover and realized it was in SMART MODE.
Mind you guys, I have never touched nor flown a drone before in my life, switched it to angle and I have to say it was a piece of cake flying this baby.
A lot more quiet than I expected, hit 400 ft in no time and side to side was pretty fast and responsive, very stable as well.
Landing was very smooth, I did buy the helipad for it but I think I will only use it for takeoffs.

Now to some concerns or maybe minor issues maybe you guys can help with:
I flew it and didn't really bother with the camera itself as I really wanted to learn the controls. I had the camera in auto but I got some ND filters and will use those later on with manual settings.
There was not a lot of sunlight and even with the hood it was hard to see the display, I checked the brightness and it was all the way up. I found myself looking at the bird 80% of the time rather than the transmitter.
I connected it to the wifi in my home and everytime I go to the home screen, it disables the wifi and says RC connecting Wifi connecting
I was not able to see a battery percentage of the drones battery life, only the voltage. Is there a setting for that?
Also I did not see a flight time counter neither. A buddy of mine has a P4 and you can see all those things even a flight pattern map and records of his flights.

Overall, amazing maiden flight and experience. I can not wait to get back out there and fly it some more !!!!!

But.... Let me say this:
LOVE HER !
Hi Drone Clone. Your excitement about the H got me excited as well. I have mine coming next week. One thing I noticed from your video that causes me a little concern. When you are panning on the buildings in the background the images are distorted near the sides. I don't know if that is just the angle of the camera or if it has to do with the larger field of view. The H Cgo3 has a 115 degree field of view vs about ninety something for the Phantom 4. Can you give me your opinion on this? Thanks.

Wish the ST 16 has was like GO APP in ways, as I haven't fiquired out how to tell battery level, think it just gives you battery charge level like 14.9, I like the 80% or what ever it is on the GO APP, but maybe I was looking in the wrong place?

Glad it all worked out, after talking to you a couple of times during the stress I was worried there were more problems but glad it was just some learning stuff. Great job hanging in there!

Hi Drone Clone. Your excitement about the H got me excited as well. I have mine coming next week. One thing I noticed from your video that causes me a little concern. When you are panning on the buildings in the background the images are distorted near the sides. I don't know if that is just the angle of the camera or if it has to do with the larger field of view. The H Cgo3 has a 115 degree field of view vs about ninety something for the Phantom 4. Can you give me your opinion on this? Thanks.
To tell you the truth, I did no camera tilt or panning, just took her up and flew to feel her out!, definitely different than a P. After 4 hours of unbox and messing with her, I just did a quick up-around and then down. I will try more tomorrow and post better vids I hope!

Wish the ST 16 has was like GO APP in ways, as I haven't fiquired out how to tell battery level, think it just gives you battery charge level like 14.9, I like the 80% or what ever it is on the GO APP, but maybe I was looking in the wrong place?
I have read others say the H's batteries do not give percentage left because they are not smart batteries like the Phantom 4's. I may be wrong but I recall others saying you have to estimate remaining charge by the voltage readout.

Glad it all worked out, after talking to you a couple of times during the stress I was worried there were more problems but glad it was just some learning stuff. Great job hanging in there!
Thanks Harvey!, and alot more learning to come for sure!

Reactions: HarveyC
I have read others say the H's batteries do not give percentage left because they are not smart batteries like the Phantom 4's. I may be wrong but I recall others saying you have to estimate remaining charge by the voltage readout.
I believe you are correct, and that scares me abit, because I like and am used to %'s

I believe the distortion was mostly my camera settings and a big bunch the YouTube conversion from 4K to their 1080 formatting?

Now do not **** on my video

You had an excellent "virgin" flight. Lots and lots of little flights, tend
to keep the bird in one piece and no parts bill. Not to mention what
these things can do to humans...........or even a little puppy. Nothings more
important than actually knowing how to fly. Practice doing 8's and boxes,
large and small. Run that thing 50 yards at 4 feet off the ground.[back and forth]
Few really master the flying part......don't be one of them.

BTW: It would be super cool if you could bounce your H off the hood of a red Camaro
..............just sayin'

Reactions: GlenT

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop