Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hey from Round Rock, Texas

Reaction score
Thanks to Woot.com for planting the final seed. They put up a nice "referb" bundle a few weeks back and I nibbled on the bait but missed the deal. Been thinking about it since and this weekend it was there again. I put the Q500 in my cart Sunday morning. I told myself if it was not sold out again by Sunday evening I would take that as a sign and hit "checkout...soooo sometime between now and June 12 I should have it hand!

Background...got a little twin rotor department store heli from my wife several years back. I get overboard really quickly on occasion. That little toy became a Trex 450 very shortly. Never really got that thing flying but broke a bunch of rotors before deciding that I would never be a Szabo like pilot or even close.

Sold that kit off and got into 5th scale off road buggies. That was a lot of fun and a lot less expensive when things went other than planned. Still like the flying idea though. Wife again buys me a dept store toy drone which I just straight up took back knowing better. Fast forward a year or so and here we are...

And of course I am already looking at the shiny anodized and carbon fiber bits but dont even have the bird yet

I might have issues :)

Yeah, I have one of those on the way and I have already installed the software...

On the shiny things though...I am a total sucker for anodized aluminum and carbon fiber. Got any pros and cons to share?

The shiniest thing I carry on every trip is my bald head... :( The shiniest thing I have on my Typhoon are these Cree Strobes to aid in visibility and orientation:

https://www.amazon.com/Cree-Strobe-Light-Multirotor-YuneecTyphoon/dp/B06VW74XYF

The website below offers many 3D printed mounts for these strobes... don't see a specific one for the Q500, but I'd contact them as to which one they currently offer would work best.

Aerial-Pixel - Vinyl Graphics, Vinyl Decals, Apparel, 3D Printing

I would also invest in some spare props, a couple extra batteries, and a decent charger that has a storage charge/discharge feature such as the model below:

Yuneec EVPEAK Dual Charger for Q500, Q500+, Typhoon G, Q500-4

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec quadcopters.
Enjoy!
*User Manuals: Support Downloads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech