Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hey there from Downunder!

Reaction score
Howdy folks, I don't have a Yuneec drone as yet, but am investigating the potential of one of the H lines as a potential for photography in high wind areas. I live by the beach and it gets rather squally here, so I am looking for something with more stability for both video and photographic purposes, but not anything that requires two person operation. I'd be wanting to keep to the sub 2Kg class of drones here in Oz.

Reactions: FINNY
The typhoon H is quite capable in the wind. This is the video that convinced me to by the H over the DJI,
I have flown in 30mph+ with sleet/snow and not had a problem, you just have to give lots of leeway on any obstacles.
Note: I bought my H in 2016 so the mavic's weren't out yet. Now I would still use my H in high wind situation over my mavic pro.

Even better in wind than the H is the H Plus or H520. They are both more powerful than the H and have longer flight times. But the H is an excellent value and handles wind quite well.

The typhoon H is quite capable in the wind. This is the video that convinced me to by the H over the DJI,
I have flown in 30mph+ with sleet/snow and not had a problem, you just have to give lots of leeway on any obstacles.
Note: I bought my H in 2016 so the mavic's weren't out yet. Now I would still use my H in high wind situation over my mavic pro.
That is astounding footage! I would never be game to send a bird into that sort of wind, but it's very interesting to see it handle itself so well under those conditions.

Even better in wind than the H is the H Plus or H520. They are both more powerful than the H and have longer flight times. But the H is an excellent value and handles wind quite well.
I was erring on the H Plus or the H520, but I think the H520 is over the 2 Kg limit for recreational use here in Australia. I only use my drone for hobbyist purposes, not to create images for printing and selling.

Last edited:
Howdy folks, I don't have a Yuneec drone as yet, but am investigating the potential of one of the H lines as a potential for photography in high wind areas. I live by the beach and it gets rather squally here, so I am looking for something with more stability for both video and photographic purposes, but not anything that requires two person operation. I'd be wanting to keep to the sub 2Kg class of drones here in Oz.
Morning Alex, we fly the coast out of Redland Bay each weekend with no issues on our H, where about are you based ?

Reactions: Alex of Oz
Nice part of the world, both of our two Hs are standard and apart from requiring batteries have not missed beat in 3 years of flying, they are a great platform.

Reactions: Alex of Oz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22