Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hi, and my Typhoon G battery 'upgrade'

Do you have a charger that can do Battery internal Resistance Checks?
Because none of my other chargers can do that check,
so I'm thinking of getting one or the other of these to do that.

This one is always out of stock in usa warehouse.

My pack charger (Imax B6) cant do IR, only the new charger (XTAR VC8) for individual cells.

Of the two you linked the Accucel 6 looks so much better quality, with a nice metal case. But the C150, although it looks cheap in the white plastic case, offers a lot more for a little more cash and has a lot of very good reviews.
Personally I would go for the Accucel 6 as it has all the features I need, the other one doesn't offer anything extra that I need. If you need the extra features then it looks pretty good.

Something to think about,
I found them both on ebay shipped at a good price too.
So did get out to test it and if so how did your run time go?
Thanks for any info.

Finally got out to fly the Typhoon on the new battery.
When I bought the Typhoon it came with a swollen battery that lasted all of a minute, just off the ground and power dropped off, luckily about 2 feet up so it landed softly.

So I modified it to take a Turnigy Nano Tech 6000mAH and after almost 6 weeks got out to fly it.

I don't have anything to compare it with but I was pleased with the 19 minutes. Battery started at 12.4, was showing 11.3v and recovered to 11.5 on landing, had to stop because dogs wandered towards me.

This was fairly sedate flying, it's the first time I have flown it since the first 1 minute flight (second, actually, I had a brief flight just after fitting the new battery, so long ago I had forgotten), just a bit of floating around, some short circuits and some playing with the Follow Me and Watch Me. There was a fairly stiff breeze, the Typhoon was canted over when holding station

As that pack is half the cost of a Yuneec pack, if you can find one, I would recommend the mod, especially with the Nano Tech 6000 as it is an almost exact fit, height and width, and fits snuggly with the door closed and the wires inside.

At the weekend I'll do a couple of packs from full to 'Danger, Will Robinson!!' and see how well it lasts with 'real world' use.

Next mod is fitting props, (unless someone has already done that) I don't want to be paying the absurd price of Yuneec props just for a nice looking chrome dome.

Last edited:
Hello, that's a great start to hear your test flight went for 19 minutes.?
I look forward to your next test flights and the data you come up with.
I still have not dusted mine off yet and did not pull the trigger on what cells I'm going with yet but I think I'm going to go with the Nano once I find free shipping to New Jersey.
I agree an option for a better prop choice would be nice,
The last ones I found on eBay where are name brand in the Box only $12.00 with shipping lucky find.

Hello, that's a great start to hear your test flight went for 19 minutes.?
I look forward to your next test flights and the data you come up with.
I still have not dusted mine off yet and did not pull the trigger on what cells I'm going with yet but I think I'm going to go with the Nano once I find free shipping to New Jersey.
I agree an option for a better prop choice would be nice,
The last ones I found on eBay where are name brand in the Box only $12.00 with shipping lucky find.
I need to sort out the data logging before I do a full to empty test, after that flight I had nothing in the log.
It is very windy this weekend so wouldn't be a fair test anyway, will probably be a week or two before the weather and free time coincides.

I need to sort out the data logging before I do a full to empty test, after that flight I had nothing in the log.
It is very windy this weekend so wouldn't be a fair test anyway, will probably be a week or two before the weather and free time coincides.
There were no flightlogs on the SD card under the controller battery? That is odd.

There were no flightlogs on the SD card under the controller battery? That is odd.
Just logs from 2019, from before I had it. I cant see any setting I need to change, I assumed it just logged every flight.
Weather is calm this weekend so I'll be going out for a full test, with luck.

I would take the SD card out, format it with FAT32 and reinstall it. All needed files and folder will be created by the system. If you don't want to fiddle with the SD card, try to delete the FlightLog folder via USB on the SD card. It should be recreated at next flight.

If all will not help use another SD card. An old 4GB is good enough. (No need for speed ;-)

br HE

I would take the SD card out, format it with FAT32 and reinstall it. All needed files and folder will be created by the system. If you don't want to fiddle with the SD card, try to delete the FlightLog folder via USB on the SD card. It should be recreated at next flight.

If all will not help use another SD card. An old 4GB is good enough. (No need for speed ;-)

br HE
Thanks, I'll give that a go.

So any luck on data or flight times yet with the new Nano tech 6000 cells?
Thanks for any info.
Hi, sorry, building my Vortigaunt and flying my Drift rather got in the way. I'll probably get to it in a couple of weeks.

Hi, sorry, building my Vortigaunt and flying my Drift rather got in the way. I'll probably get to it in a couple of weeks.
Hey hope all is good with you,???
I was wondering how you made out with that mission to Mars you were working on??
Vortigaunt and flying my Drift look like some pretty amazing aircraft you have your hands on.?

Hello, hope all is well with you?
It's been a long time since we talked.lol
Have you made any Headway with your projects?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop