Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hi Everybody, Just Stepped Into The Pool and I have a few questions,,,,,

Reaction score
Yep it's one of those "I just got a used q500 ,,,,,,,," threads and I'm hoping to find a few helping hands.

I read the thread about the card behind the Tx battery and sure enough mines missing, so from what I gather from that thread is that any blank card will work?

Also mine has been crashed but the airframe repaired, that I'm waiting for a reply on from the classifieds here and today's project is to split the airframe and have a look inside for other damage as that it looks like the broke airframe was only repaired from the outside,

While it's apart I'm looking at moving the battery plug from the front of the battery box to either the rear of the compartment like I saw on another thread

The Tx had been left on when the drone was shipped and stored so it's like dead, I found replacements on Amazon, Panasonic's any good?

Little bit of my background, I fly sport drones and have a very good understanding about lipo's.
I don't have much hope for either of the stock drone batteries and my fingers are crossed on the camera working.

There are a few other things missing, like the Tx charger, but I have a work around on that,

So I have a ITELITE ITE-DBS01.5B kit coming for the tx, is there a benefit or need to replace the drones anteanna's?
If so what can be recommended as that I haven't found any by google searching an upgrade for the q500.

Hope for some help,,,,
Thanks,
Mike

Yep it's one of those "I just got a used q500 ,,,,,,,," threads and I'm hoping to find a few helping hands.
/QUOTE]

I read the thread about the card behind the Tx battery and sure enough mines missing, so from what I gather from that thread is that any blank card will work?
Yes. Pretty much any SD card will work.

Also mine has been crashed but the airframe repaired, that I'm waiting for a reply on from the classifieds here and today's project is to split the airframe and have a look inside for other damage as that it looks like the broke airframe was only repaired from the outside.
As someone new to Q500, be aware that cutting/crushing wires during re-assembly is very easy to do. I use hot glue to secure ALL the wires in safe places before trying to put the shells back together. Also watch for different lengths of the body screws. Earlier versions had longer main screws in the actual body area than in the "wing" area. If you run a long screw into a short hole, it will poke through the other side. On later versions ALL the main screws were short.

While it's apart I'm looking at moving the battery plug from the front of the battery box to either the rear of the compartment like I saw on another thread.
Not sure if I ever posted this, but the attached file shows the way I did an aftermarket battery Mod on a Q500.

The Tx had been left on when the drone was shipped and stored so it's like dead, I found replacements on Amazon, Panasonic's any good?
I've had the Panasonic battery in one of mine for a couple years. No problems yet.

So I have a ITELITE ITE-DBS01.5B kit coming for the tx, is there a benefit or need to replace the drones anteanna's?
Depends on your intended range, or flying area (interference). I would suggest waiting to see if what you have meets your needs.

Attachments

• Q500 Low Tech Battery Adapter.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
Thanks for the reply WT, the battery box set up is much of what I was going to do, but I'm not going to use the stock connector from the harness, I was going to go straight to the power input solder joints where the original harness originates.

I'm not too concerned about being able to return this thing to stock in the future and reducing the number of connectors just to reduce any possible failure points.
I'm going to use XT 30 connectors, all my other lipo batteries are wired with them for my charge balance board.

But the rest of your linked file is what I was going to do, like minds I think,,,,,

Gonna pick up a few SD cards today, hoping the local hobby store has a battery that might work for the tx until the others show up.

They might have some batteries that will fit in the box too.

I would like to get at least the ariframe & Tx powered up to check the camera before I get too carried away with refurbishing this thing.

Haven't heard back yet from the message I sent to one of the guys offering up a used but good airframe.

I know I should wait to see if I need the range extender but having one of my first higher end brids do a flyaway I'm gun shy as to speak, I mean it can't hurt.

Anyway, thanks again.

Reactions: WTFDproject

Also mine has been crashed but the airframe repaired, that I'm waiting for a reply on from the classifieds here and today's project is to split the airframe and have a look inside for other damage as that it looks like the broke airframe was only repaired from the outside,

While it's apart I'm looking at moving the battery plug from the front of the battery box to either the rear of the compartment like I saw on another thread

Little bit of my background, I fly sport drones and have a very good understanding about lipo's.
I don't have much hope for either of the stock drone batteries and my fingers are crossed on the camera working.

There are a few other things missing, like the Tx charger, but I have a work around on that,

If so what can be recommended as that I haven't found any by google searching an upgrade for the q500.

Hope for some help,,,,
Thanks,
Mike
As far as the Tx charger goes if you have a Galaxy phone with the micro usb plug that's the charger for the tx.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval