Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

High Above Peru

That was great, very filmic and some really nice shots but can't help thinking it's too long (just my honest feedback).

Was it all recorded in raw and then colour graded?

Thanks for your feedback and Iam glad you like it :)

Yeah, I also thought a lot about the length (because I had tons of footage, different settings and so on) and after showing different length to people I ended up with this length, but its always really difficult to decide for a length if you have the feeling you have so many shots to show ;)

Its recorded with a flat color profile (because there is no real raw recording for the Typhoon H) and then graded in Davinci Resolve.

I liked it, but with you shooting it with the flat color profile like you said to me the video is lacking color. Where there should be blue sky between the clouds looks gray. I know you shot this in the mountains but everything is just brown as there is very little vegetation so the greens and blues should have stood out.
I thought the length was OK

I think it's excellent. I've no problem with the colour grading, it captures a mood and the style is consistent and strong. The length works for me (though any travelogue video with no voiceover or driving subject is going to feel 'long' if the viewer isn't interested in the subject).

You should be pretty pleased with that - look forward to more of the same!

Great stuff. Good color grading. What lens mod did you do? There was very little spacial distortion, even in the pans.

Thanks, good to hear that, I spend a lot of time on the grading.
I also tried more intense colors, but in the end going with a bit more desaturated colors fitted better to the mood, like Tuna mentioned. :)

I changed the stock lens to the Peau 3.97mm lens.

It just does not bunch out to me, might be my monitor as everyone else is giving you high fives but to me its lacking color.
You wanted feedback and thats mine

I think it's terrific! Fantastic scenery. Some segments could have been even longer.
I see no technical problems with focus or color. Please share more in the future.

I think it's terrific! Fantastic scenery. Some segments could have been even longer.
I see no technical problems with focus or color. Please share more in the future.

Agreed!
Agustine, everyone has a different color palette that they want portray. I think the mood given the music and colors were spot on. The movement was awesome. I'd go longer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, your feedback is a really good motivation :)

I think the next project will be the fjords in Norway this Summer...

I agree with Tuna. Color grading is spot on. The feel of this film is like BBCs Africa aerial shots. You did a very good job!

Hey Andreas,

I’ve seen a lot of Typhoon H videos since the drone came out last year, both from filmmakers and drone enthusiast alike, and I have to say that your video is one of my favorites! It’s very cinematic from start to end, and seems to keep up with the current trend in cinema today (high dynamic range, punchy contrast, and lower saturation). It’s almost hard to believe that it was shot with a CGO3+ camera as there was little to no digital artifacts in the footage. I know that having the Peau lens installed really helps to improve the image, almost to the point where it looks like it was shot in ProRes instead of the built in codec on the raw profile.

I thought the color grading was spot on as well. It was consistent throughout your piece and went well with the camera movement and music. I really liked the shots starting at around 2:23 where you desaturated most of the landscape but kept (or boosted) the blues in the water and sky. I myself use the Lumetri color panel inside of Premiere Pro to color grade my footage, but after looking at your video I can see why Davinci Resolve is the gold standard for colorist.

Keep up the great work and I’m looking forward to seeing what else you have in store for the Typhoon H!

Thanks Frankie :)

I was also really suprised about the quality of the images the CGO3+ recorded, especially the dynamic range. Even from the really bright skies I could recover much detail in DaVinci, which I normally can just do if recording in ProRes, as you mentioned, with the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera for example.

Also the stability of the drone and the gimbal was suprising, for most of the shots no post-stabilization was necessary. And nearly all shots are recorded at 8000ft and higher. The highest spot was around 16000ft.

Iam also counting the days to the next holidays to record new stuff :D

Reactions: Frankie
Beautiful video of a beautiful country. You should be very pleased. One of the best I've seen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop