Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Horizon Chroma & Yuneec

Reaction score
I heard rumors that both Chroma and Yuneec are produced in yuneec factory,what is the difference between them?

And the Horizon's battery is 7200mah instead of 6300mah,is the flight time much longer ?

Yuneec produces quite a few different hobby and commercial craft.
You need to specify which models you want to compare.

Batteries? I think the manufacturers' rating do not always indicate the true capacity,
Speaking of batteries, how are your battery sales for the Typhoon H going? Does your battery provide longer flight times compared to the standard TH battery?

Reactions: Agnes
I heard rumors that both Chroma and Yuneec are produced in yuneec factory,what is the difference between them?

And the Horizon's battery is 7200mah instead of 6300mah,is the flight time much longer ?

Yuneec made the Chroma guts. Blade made the design and integrated their receivers for existing radios. The Chroma with the CGO2 and ST10 is the crossover model that led to the Q500. Blade quit larger quad manufacturing and discontinued the 350 first then the Chroma as theQ500 was a way better quad. I keep 3 QX350s flying currently and one has the original setup with the CGO1 which is what I learned to fly and shoot on. I've got a good working Chroma for my GoPro with the Yuneec gimbal that works quite well. My other Chroma and 350s are set up for FPV. My Q500 4K is the best of the bunch for fun and relaxed reliable flying. The TH is the most sophisticated off the shelf hex available in my opinion and I don't think I'd be as skilled with it as I am if I had not spent the last three years learning these other platforms and their relative strengths and weaknesses. It's good to fly other platforms to keep your mind and senses sharp.

Reactions: Agnes
Yuneec produces quite a few different hobby and commercial craft.
You need to specify which models you want to compare.

Batteries? I think the manufacturers' rating do not always indicate the true capacity,
Speaking of batteries, how are your battery sales for the Typhoon H going? Does your battery provide longer flight times compared to the standard TH battery?

I understand,but the true capacity of yuneec battery is 6300mah,and the chroma battery is 7300mah,it is true 1000mah,.because we produced both those two,so just trying to know if the chroma can fly longer because of it.

And about the question you asked about our battery,truth be told,it should be the same flight time compare to the original one,because capacity is the same,but someone tested it 1 min longer,someone said it the same,guess it is about the testing condition difference,not the battery

I understand,but the true capacity of yuneec battery is 6300mah,and the chroma battery is 7300mah,it is true 1000mah,.because we produced both those two,so just trying to know if the chroma can fly longer because of it.

And about the question you asked about our battery,truth be told,it should be the same flight time compare to the original one,because capacity is the same,but someone tested it 1 min longer,someone said it the same,guess it is about the testing condition difference,not the battery

Hey, thanks.
You are talking about the Typhoon H apparently. I asked because there is also the Q500, etc.

I have one of your batteries, and it seems about the same. Still new, so I'll see how it continues to perform. Looks good.

I have 3 THs but no Chroma, so I cannot answer the flight time time question. I see many favorable reviews of the Chroma, but the 4K is no longer in production.

Take care...

I had a chroma with the CGO2+. Back awhile ago yuneec and horizon hobby struck a deal and that has lead to many blade products from yuneec. The 350qx, glimpse, chroma were all yuneec designed for horizon. On my chroma I could hit 30 mins real flight time. The battery is 6300mah, this is according to my 3rd party hitec charger. Originally it was labeled as 5400mah but the label was changed.

I had a chroma with the CGO2+. Back awhile ago yuneec and horizon hobby struck a deal and that has lead to many blade products from yuneec. The 350qx, glimpse, chroma were all yuneec designed for horizon. On my chroma I could hit 30 mins real flight time. The battery is 6300mah, this is according to my 3rd party hitec charger. Originally it was labeled as 5400mah but the label was changed.
The yuneec real capacity is 6300mah,but the chroma 's battery capacity is 7300mah,so that is why you can hit 30mins

The yuneec real capacity is 6300mah,but the chroma 's battery capacity is 7300mah,so that is why you can hit 30mins

The chroma battery was 6300mah. Originally labeled as 5400mah. I even did a discharge and charge cycle to get an accurate reading on a hitec x1

But we follow their datas,our Chroma battery is 7200mah instead of 6300

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval