Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Chroma blade drone

Reaction score
I follow the helpful guide to binding my chroma drone. The st-10 gps is solid blue but on the screen it always is try to acquire gps. All 4 lights are in a circular pattern blinking purple. It should be 2 lights purple and two lights white I think. Id sure like to get this bad boy in the air again. Im pretty sure it’s binded to the st-10. I Don’t what to try next.
Feeling pretty dumb.
Rick

All 4 lights are in a circular pattern blinking purple. Im pretty sure it’s binded to the st-10. I
Yes. It is bound to the controller. Good job.

You have two problems related to GPS:
Problem #1:
There is a very small battery soldered to the GPS board. The purpose of the battery is to maintain a memory of all the GPS satellite positions while the Chroma is off. But there is a limit to how long it can hold the memory, and the years you described are way past its capabilities. The little battery is currently "dead". The good news is the battery is pretty tough. It can probably still be charged up. Charging the little GPS battery is done by putting a battery in the Chroma and turning the Chroma "on". The charge rate is very, very slow. A fully discharged battery will take about 3 DAYS to fully charge. It will take at least a few hours just to get enough charge to hold the almanac for a couple of days. The controller does NOT have to be turned on during GPS battery charging.

Problem #2:
The "GPS Almanac" is out of date. The almanac is a data set used to determine the current location of all the satellites. Its also good for a while, but nowhere near as long as your Chroma has been in storage. The GPS sattelites broadcast a new "almanac" about every 15 minutes. To acquire a new one, all you have to do is take your Chroma outside to an area with a clear view of the sky, turn the Chroma "on", and just leave it alone for a while. It will probably acquire a new almanac and go to GPS ready within a half hour or so. But the little battery is probably too weak to hold the almanac when you turn off the drone. You will have to do the "sit outside a while" thing at every start until the little battery gets enough charge to hold the GPS almanac memory between starts.
I'm not sure if the controller has to be on while waiting for the almanac. I always have it on just to see if it goes to "READY".

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sakshijah