Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

???How do you use this thing???

Reaction score
So, I have had my H for about a few weeks now and am just starting to figure out the wizard remote.... or at least I think I am. Is there a way to use the wizard remote without having the st16 turned on or near me? I have only been able to bind the wiz to the H from selecting team mode from the st16. I do a lot of mudding/quadding and wanted to be able to take just the wiz with me so the H would follow me but so far I can get it to follow me but I have to have the remote on or as far as I know anyway. Please help me clean up my confusion and set me straight. Much appreciated to everyone as I know there is just so much knowledge on the forum. Safe flying everyone!

So, I have had my H for about a few weeks now and am just starting to figure out the wizard remote.... or at least I think I am. Is there a way to use the wizard remote without having the st16 turned on or near me? I have only been able to bind the wiz to the H from selecting team mode from the st16. I do a lot of mudding/quadding and wanted to be able to take just the wiz with me so the H would follow me but so far I can get it to follow me but I have to have the remote on or as far as I know anyway. Please help me clean up my confusion and set me straight. Much appreciated to everyone as I know there is just so much knowledge on the forum. Safe flying everyone!
The ST16 has to be on and in Team Mode for the Wizard to work, but you do not have to have both with you and range is limited

I don't agree that the ST16 has to be on or near for the wizard to be bound to the H. I first used mine without the controller; in fact I did not know anything about "team mode" at the time. Since then I had to go back and repeat the process when I wanted it in the team mode.

No, no no no.
The wizard can be used all by itself to control the H. You obviously need a phone or tablet for video if you want that but the wizard is all you need if you want to use follow me etc.

Binding them is easy too.

1) turn on the H and wait a few seconds
2) lift the back of the H past 45 degrees. Do it again. (Need to be done twice)
3) back light will flash orange if I remember correctly
4) turn the wizard on with the power button and hold until the blue light comes in. Keep holding the power button
5) shake the wizard up and down continuously like a wizard casting a spell until the H beeps.

Congratulations the wizard can fly the H, start/stop video, take photos and make the H follow you around.

You are correct that the range is rather limited and I have no idea what that range is.

Last edited:
I don't agree that the ST16 has to be on or near for the wizard to be bound to the H. I first used mine without the controller; in fact I did not know anything about "team mode" at the time. Since then I had to go back and repeat the process when I wanted it in the team mode.
No, no no no.
The wizard can be used all by itself to control the H. You obviously need a phone or tablet for video if you want that but the wizard is all you need if you want to use follow me etc.

4) turn the wizard on with the power button and hold until the blue light comes in. Keep holding the power button
5) shake the wizard up and down continuously like a wizard casting a spell until the H beeps.

Congratulations the wizard can not fly the H, start/stop video, take photos and make the H follow you around.

You are correct that the range is rather limited and I have no idea what that range is.
Can"Not" fly and take photos? I think you mean Can "NOW" fly it, as you can fly it with the wizard!!!

No, no no no.

Congratulations the wizard can not fly the H, start/stop video, take photos and make the H follow you around.

This process is for the Q, with the H you just turn on team mode in the ST16, press and hold the power button on the Wizard until it binds.

Educate yourself on the Wizard before you use it. The Wizard has a three position slider on the side that changes modes. If you are in smart mode the safety circle is active and you may find the H does not respond the way you want it too. There are combination button presses to for landing gear, altitude control and more. Holding the Wizard in different planes changes the operation of the flight buttons, it can be confusing at first but quickly learned. I read the instructions several times before I used it then printed out the button command chart and keep it with me. There are also some good YT videos you should watch.

No, no no no.

I must be doing it wrong then... I tried binding the wizard just itself and had no luck. I can only get the wizard to bind when switching to team mode. Even though your not suppose to, I turned the H on first, did the two 45° tilts forward and it just will not go into bind mode. I will have to try again. It would make me so happy if I could use my H without my st16 sometimes... as I stated before I do a lot of mudding/quadding and obviously carrying around my big st16 is definitely not ideal.

You have a good post but you may want to exchange the "can not" to "can now". Threw me off for a bit. (Post meant for Yufasa). A couple of posts got in before I was able to respond.

The ST16 needs to be in Team Mode to use both "together" one to control camera and one to control flight is what I was talking about! That is why it is called "TEAM MODE"

Let me refresh my question... is it possible to use the wizard wand without the st16? I don't want it in team mode I want to be able to leave my st16 behind and use my wizard in its place so I can get the H to follow me as I ride.

Can"Not" fly and take photos? I think you mean Can "NOW" fly it, as you can fly it with the wizard!!!
not sure how the H that "not" got in there and yes you can use the wizard without the ST16.
Make sure the ST16 is off when you try and bind the wizard

Last edited:
Let me refresh my question... is it possible to use the wizard wand without the st16? I don't want it in team mode I want to be able to leave my st16 behind and use my wizard in its place so I can get the H to follow me as I ride.
Yes !

Care to elaborate? I don't mean to be a pain, I'm just utterly confused. Only been able to use the wizard with the st16.
Once the Wizard is "bound" to the H, it can control the H, did you not get a manual with the H and wizard? It explains how to bind and fly, there is a vid somewhere out there to explain too, I will try to find and post here as it is hard to type and explain !

Once the Wizard is "bound" to the H, it can control the H, did you not get a manual with the H and wizard? It explains how to bind and fly, there is a vid somewhere out there to explain too, I will try to find and post here as it is hard to type and explain !
Yes I understand that but I can only bind the wizard while the st16 is on/near the H.... NO TEAM MODE. I want single mode with JUST the wizard NO ST16

I could not find one showing the H but the procedure is exactly the same as for the Q500 4K shown in this video:

Reactions: DroneClone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval