Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How To: Accessing logs on the H Plus and H520

Tried it on mine, but to no avail - probably because I have an older laptop. I have three micro USB ports on the body (1 camera, 1 real sense module (?), and 1 RC (?)).

To which do I plug in to?

Furthermore, after trying this last night, I can no longer link the RC to the remote - which is the bigger problem. Unbind and bind does not work... The LED's do not light up when powered up... Seems the link between the RC and comp got locked up.

Any thoughts?

It appears I just developed a similar problem. Vehicle would not start when plugged into computer. Using Yuneec cable. Uncoupled 502 from computer. Inserted battery. Pushed power button. So startup tones but does come on. Will get a picture through the camera but no camera controls functional. 520 will not shut off unless I pull the battery.

520 will not shut off unless I pull the battery.
It appears you need to reinstall the autopilot on the H520.

Download this file, put it on an sd card, install in the camera and power on the H520 (leave ST16 off). Wait about 10 min and then reboot the H520. See if it will operate normally. Then do a firmware update to make certain everything is updated.

Last edited:
It appears you need to reinstall the autopilot on the H520.

Download this file, put it on an sd card, install in the camera and power on the H520 (leave ST16 off). Wait about 10 min and then reboot the H520. See if it will operate normally. Then do a firmware update to make certain everything is updated.
Thanks. I shall try it. I assume by reboot you mean turn it off and then back on.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Steve

Did as you instructed. Camera came to life. Green light on. Would hear a beep and camera would tip counterclockwise to about 45 degrees. Few seconds later would beep and camera would go back to level. Would continually repeat this until I pulled the battery as pressing power button to reboot did nothing. I looked at the sd card and saw the autopilot update file which I have attached. I think it is telling me to try a Plan B!

Got this when I tried to upload the file.

autopilot_update.log
The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension. The following extensions are allowed: .zip, .txt, .pdf, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .jpe, .gif.

I have printed out the file and attached as a pdf document.
Still confused

Thanks.

Paul

Attachments

• Updated autopilot file.pdf
    87.9 KB · Views: 10
Interesting. The file I provided is autopilot.yuneec version v1.8.0-1.6.11
There is a newer autopilot file which I just downloaded. You can access it here: v1.8.0-1.6.18 FlightController

Don't get the files mixed up since they have the same name. Store them in folders with the version number.
If the file updates the aircraft properly, the file on the card will be renamed by adding "updated". So the file can only be used once while on the card.

Try this file and see if there is any difference. When the file is being accessed the camera LED usually turns red.

Steve

This time the file did not update. Camera light initially was red but quickly changed to green. No movement of the camera this time. I tried to open the file you sent me but nothing came up. I am sensing this may be a terminal illness.

When I try t power up it comes on but I don't get the expected startup tones. Not sure if that is trying to tell me something.

Interesting to me is that the controller is still communicating with the 520 in that the camera sees an image although I cannot take a picture or move the camera. I opened up the update ap and it did its thing and the update pilot, remote control and data pilot are all green.

Would the next step be to erase everything and reinstall the programs? Would have to figure out that maneuver.

I do appreciate your taking the time to try and rectify my drones illness.

Internment services will be tomorrow at noon. All are invited.

I've not seen this happen before so I'm perplexed at the moment.
Have you had any previous problems with the camera? Is it on the current firmware.

Steve,

I ended up sending it out as I finally decided the issue had to be more than software. It ended up needing both a new motherboard for the drone as well as a new board in the camera. I flew it once after I got it back. I tried to download the telemetry by plugging the 520 into my computer. The drone didn’t power up when I did so as it should have. I called the folks who did the repair. I was told you can’t download logs from the drone. I explained that you can as I had done it before the problems started. While the guy went to check on something I attempted to power up the drone. Was again exhibiting same problems that caused me to send it in. Now have to send it back in so they can take another look at it. To say it is frustrating is an understatement.

QGroundControl works with the Yuneec H3.

Just downloaded this program for the first time and got the flight logs off my H3.

You can make flight plans in the program and bespoke geo-fences, but has anyone tried uploading these to an H-plus or H3?

I suggest using QCG to only download the logs. Other functions of QGC could cause problems with the aircraft main board. We have no documentation to rely on when using this program with any of the Yuneec models other than downloading logs.

Reactions: Whisperit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430