Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to add C23 camera description to ST16S controller for Typhoon H plus

Reaction score
My ST16 controller has a memory malfunction and has lost operational software.
The tablet will not boot up to the point to soft reset.
I purchased a replacement ST16S controller that was indicated to work with the Typhoon H Plus, and it indeed does bind to the bird, but fails to find the camera.

I cannot find any way to add camera description.

What can you say I need to do?

Jim

After you power up the drone and camera what's the status on wifi 5.4 GHz antenna. When you go to bind the camera what is the message on the screen. Are they the same as in the pictures?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-25-13-13-09.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-25-13-13-09.png
    861.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_2020-05-25-13-13-24.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-25-13-13-24.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
Reactions: DoomMeister
but fails to find the camera.
Go to the Android wifi menu and connect to the camera. When you go back to Flightmode, it should find it. If it doesn't, please tell us.

The tablet will not boot up to the point to soft reset.
Did you try the steps to recover a bricked ST16+ ??

Reactions: DoomMeister
yes I tried to connect the wifi to the camera and connected it.
the connection established yet still could not bind the camera.

I think the problem is that the firmware is not correct for the Typhoon H Plus.
But I cannot find anything to confirm that.

The control screens are not laid out the same and it seems inconsistent with my previous experience with the groundstation.

Can you tell me where to get the APK and firmware loads?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the problem is that the firmware is not correct for the Typhoon H Plus.
But I cannot find anything to confirm that. The control screens are not laid out the same and it seems inconsistent with my previous experience with the groundstation.
I guess we need to ensure what camera and what controller are you using;

Typhoon H Plus (ST16S for H Plus)
Main Screens:
1.jpg 2.jpg
Bind Screen:
3b.jpg
The Camera is marked "C23" on the sides of the camera arm:
c23.jpg
The nose marking includes the word "PLUS":
1HPlus.jpg

Typhoon H520 (ST16S for H520)
Main Screen:
1H520.JPG

Typhoon H, Typhoon H Pro (ST16/ST16+)
Main Screen:
4.jpg
Bind Screen:
5.jpg
The camera is marked "CG03+" on the camera hubs:
CGO3Plus.jpg
The nose marking is without the word "PLUS":
1H.jpg

If you will upload a screenshot of your Firmware update screen (or list the versions), we could better comment on the APK/ firmware issue.

Last edited:
Hi all.

Ok what I found is exactly what I had originally guessed.

The Typhoon H Plus takes a special ST16S ground station that has some hardware as well as software differences in the groundstation on the ST16 groundstations normally advertised for sale. Most of the sellers do not seem to know about any differences.

I researched and found a ST16S Plus groundstation and that cured the control and camera issue.

Thanks.

Reactions: Steve Carr
The ST16S is used for the Typhoon H Plus and the H520 (and likely the H3) with the only difference being the software run on the controller. That can be done by the end user.

It sounds as if you bought the controller (ST16) used for the H480 and H920+ originally. That is why the questions were posed to you that you never answered.

The ST16S is used for the Typhoon H Plus and the H520 (and likely the H3) with the only difference being the software run on the controller. That can be done by the end user.

It sounds as if you bought the controller (ST16) used for the H480 and H920+ originally. That is why the questions were posed to you that you never answered.
I think I said that. The ST16S (first one) I purchased was NOT for the H Plus. It was advertised as being for the H Plus. The obvious thing was the UI was completely different and then would not bind the C23 Camera.

So Shame on the Seller!!!!!

I Spoke with Yuneek in UK and they verified that the ST16S was hardware and Software different.

Then I spent more time with the sellers until I was sure they had the right groundstation.

So far the support in the US has been a little slow, to non existent for the problems.

Thanks.

Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval