Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to get out of the Breeze app on an iphone X

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to exit a breeze app running on an iphone x. My phone seems frozen when I am finished with the breeze. Is there some "swipe" you use without having to reboot your phone?

I don’t have the iPhone X, but I would assume the procedure to be the same as other iPhones.

Double tap Home, bring BreezeCam to the front, and swipe up.

Reactions: Deltacounty2
I had that problem with the x there is no home button so if you open the app notice toward the bottom of the screen a white line if you put your finger on it, it lights up just swipe up it should close the app.

Reactions: Deltacounty2
Thanks for your help monchito!

Reactions: monchoramos
Just passing by and noticed this. The above procedure simply places the Breeze camera app in the background. To get out completely you proceed as with any other app on iPhone X

From the Apple website:

iPhone X
  1. From the Home screen, swipe up and pause.
  2. Firmly touch and hold the app, then tap https://support.apple.com/library/content/***/edam/applecare/images/en_US/iOS/iphonex/ios11-iphonex-close-app-icon.png. You can also swipe up to close the app as soon as you see https://support.apple.com/library/content/***/edam/applecare/images/en_US/iOS/iphonex/ios11-iphonex-close-app-icon.png.

Last edited:
That is correct re closing apps completely on iphone x. But that is after the app is placed into the task switcher (swipe from bottom to right edge). Before that, swipe from bottom to center and hold for a moment to place an app in the switcher. However, as best as I can tell, the Breeze app does not respond to that gesture. The above post describes the white line and using that process places Breeze into the switcher and THEN your procedure completely closes the app.

Typical of Yuneec. The app needs to be updated for both iOS and Android.

Does anyone used the Iphone X succesfully on the "Follow me" mode with the GPS option (2 arrows) ?
Mine, stays at the same place no matter if I walk away or get closer.

Reactions: Avesraggiana
Does anyone used the Iphone X succesfully on the "Follow me" mode with the GPS option (2 arrows) ?
Mine, stays at the same place no matter if I walk away or get closer.

It's been a year-and-half since you posted this question, and apparently no one has yet been able to answer it. Not here, not on YouTube and not anywhere else I've looked. I've got an iPhone X too, and for once, I figured out something on my own, how to get out of the Breeze app without a home button. But now I can't figure out how to get the Breeze to actually follow me, instead of just track me while remaining stationary. It doesn't seem to matter whether I use the "Eyeball Mode" or the "Fish-Thingy-Mode."

I’ll give it a try with mine sometime tomorrow.

Follow Me - The Never Ending Story. Until now I had the impression this Follow Me plagues only androids. I had to learn that this feature will never ever do with my breeze. One has to live with the shortcomings of the loved ones. ;)

I can verify that both Watch Me and Follow Modes do not work with the iPhone X and iOS 13. In Watch Me mode where the Breeze rotates to keep you in the frame you cannot draw the selection box anymore. In Follow Me mode the aircraft does not track the GPS position of the phone. I’m glad I kept my iPhone 5S with iOS 10.

I can verify that both Watch Me and Follow Modes do not work with the iPhone X and iOS 13. In Watch Me mode where the Breeze rotates to keep you in the frame you cannot draw the selection box anymore. In Follow Me mode the aircraft does not track the GPS position of the phone. I’m glad I kept my iPhone 5S with iOS 10.

Thanks for doing the research. I appreciate it, I really do.

By the way, on my iPhone X, I was still able to draw the green box around myself. Generally, and although laggardly, the Breeze could keep me within the green box for as long as I did not move too quickly. A short sprint, and the drone would lose me instantly.

Last edited:
The Smart Follow Me where the Breeze tracked the phone was actually quite decent if you kept it about 10 meters or more away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis