Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to open ST16 Tx?

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Well, I can't get my *@€##!! micro SD card out of the controller. It's a 128GB card and the controller can't even read it. Now it's stuck and refuses to spring out of its slot.

Googled around but can't find a video on how to open the Tx, but I could swear I saw a thread on this somewhere on some forum. Now when I need it I can't find it. Grrrrrr!:mad:

Someone throw me a line?

Hello everyone. Well, I can't get my *@€##!! micro SD card out of the controller. It's a 128GB card and the controller can't even read it. Now it's stuck and refuses to spring out of its slot.

Googled around but can't find a video on how to open the Tx, but I could swear I saw a thread on this somewhere on some forum. Now when I need it I can't find it. Grrrrrr!:mad:

Someone throw me a line?
Throw it against the wall 2-3 times, it will come out ! Just a little stubborn ! LOL !:mad:

Do you have access to a small set of micro surgical tweezers Got mine out that way, other than that, I read you pull the rubber pads off the bottom of the ST16, remove the 4 screws and you can remove it internally, bummer, but may be only way ! Alot of people are having same issue, very poorly designed slot !

Do you have access to a small set of micro surgical tweezers Got mine out that way, other than that, I read you pull the rubber pads off the bottom of the ST16, remove the 4 screws and you can remove it internally, bummer, but may be only way !
Can't get it out with tweezers. Am in the process of removing the screws now and have already removed 10. They are all 2.5mm. I still can't get the back off, but I see there is one smaller screw at the top (between the antennas) that is 1.5mm. I'm not sure if this is the final screw holding the back on or not because it is a different size than the rest. Driving me nuts!

I had to open my ST16, one of the anchor studs was loose. You need torx drivers to access. You also have to remove the rubber hand grips, there are 4 additional screws hiding. There is also a small torx screw top middle.
Rubber bumpers are held in by double sided tape and 3 grommets.

It may have a snap lock plastic tab also, Call Yuneec and ask tech support, before messing it up, if it doesn't pop open for you John!

I had to open my ST16, one of the anchor studs was loose. You need torx drivers to access. You also have to remove the rubber hand grips, there are 4 additional screws hiding. There is also a small torx screw top middle.
Rubber bumpers are held in by double sided tape and 3 grommets.
Thank you for the reply. Yes, I have all the necessary hardware as I'm an RC homebuilder in the first place. Got a really nice set of torx drivers here. Yes, I removed the rubber grips to reveal the additional screws. So I count 10 pcs. of the 2.5m screws. I see an 11th screw on the top, which appears to fit my 1.5mm driver. Is that to be removed as well?

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I have all the necessary hardware as I'm an RC homebuilder in the first place. Got a really nice set of torx drivers here. Yes, I removed the rubber grips to reveal the additional screws. So I count 10 pcs. of the 2.5m screws. I see an 11th screw on the top, which appears to fit my 1.5mm driver. Is that to be removed as well?
Yup. I think that's what I read. BTW, I have the same issue. It looks like the card is hitting the ST16 case. I need a closer look, but I think trimming a little plastic off the case will free up the card.

Yup. I think that's what I read. BTW, I have the same issue. It looks like the card is hitting the ST16 case. I need a closer look, but I think trimming a little plastic off the case will free up the card.

I think 1.5mm has to be removed.

Ok, I got it out. Thank you all so much for the help. At least in my case, the problem is the MicroSD socket itself. It is defective. Normally when you insert a SD card you will feel pressure and hear a click. To remove it, you push it in and then the spring steel will push it out a little bit. The MicroSD socket on my ST16 neither clicks when you insert nor "springs back" the card when you push to get it out. Bummer.

So at the moment my Tx works fine but I cannot insert a MicroSD card into it. To add insult to injury the ST16 clearly cannot handle a SD card formatted with exFAT while the Cgo3 camera can. Makes no sense at all but clearly illustrates the cluster-***k of the release by Yuneec. Sheesh!

The ST10 will only operate with a max 32 GB micro SD card do not know about the ST16 since mine will arrive today.

Ok, I got it out. Thank you all so much for the help. At least in my case, the problem is the MicroSD socket itself. It is defective. Normally when you insert a SD card you will feel pressure and hear a click. To remove it, you push it in and then the spring steel will push it out a little bit. The MicroSD socket on my ST16 neither clicks when you insert nor "springs back" the card when you push to get it out. Bummer.

So at the moment my Tx works fine but I cannot insert a MicroSD card into it. To add insult to injury the ST16 clearly cannot handle a SD card formatted with exFAT while the Cgo3 camera can. Makes no sense at all but clearly illustrates the cluster-***k of the release by Yuneec. Sheesh!

Which ST16 controller do you have. There are 2 versions. One has all the switches chromed and metal. The other has rubberized switches.

Which ST16 controller do you have. There are 2 versions. One has all the switches chromed and metal. The other has rubberized switches.
Hey Burnt. Nice to see you here (thought you just hung out over at RCG). My switches are chromed and metal. Why?

Can you please tell me which switch type is on the latest version?
Thanks.

Can you please tell me which switch type is on the latest version?
Thanks.
There is no difference between rubber coated vs non. All the electronics are the same. Guessing the switches are different due to supply and demand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval