Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to tilt camera up/down in Controller mode

What phone are you using... I realized I had an update I hadn’t installed on my Iphone yet they may had something to do with the new one working I dunno though...good luck on your endeavors sir let us know if you ever come to an conclusion on the glitch I’ll let u know if the new one works for me

I tried it on my iPhone 6s+ as well as my wife's 8+ and experienced the same thing. I JUST got off the phone with support and they are sending me a shipping label so I can send in the controller for replacement. Unfortunately they will not send the replacement until they receive mine so I don't expect to have an answer for you for about a week... Best of luck to you!

I said screw it took it back And picked up a DJI Phantom 3 instead for 200 extra bucks I’m way happier

Just FYI, I bought the same thing from Walmart and I am having exactly the same issue as you guys. Pressing the up cross key on the controller did nothing and the left cross key rotated the drone to the left. Completely dumb! Also I sometimes have issues connecting it to my iPhone. In some cases, it connected in PC mode, a total crap. This is actually the second one I got from Walmart - the first unit had a defective camera lens. I am going to get another one and see if I have any luck. I am starting to believe that the units sold by Walmart are a particular batch. They also come with only one battery whereas in other packages, two batteries are included (without controller though).

Okay, got another one, still did not work. I figured that it's not very likely that both controllers were defective so I tried it on my Android phone. You know what? It works, LOL! I believe the iOS app is buggy in the controller mode. Yuneec really needs to fix this issue.

I said screw it took it back And picked up a DJI Phantom 3 instead for 200 extra bucks I’m way happier

Dang that thing looks sweet. Wish I could upgrade to that but it's out of my price range for now...

Okay, got another one, still did not work. I figured that it's not very likely that both controllers were defective so I tried it on my Android phone. You know what? It works, LOL! I believe the iOS app is buggy in the controller mode. Yuneec really needs to fix this issue.

WOW so that makes a third person... Please email Yuneec about this and open a case so they fix this glitch asap...

I was on the phone with Yuneec CS just yesterday about this same problem. At the fella’s request, I did a few tests and was able to confirm that the up button on the D-pad does work fine (I used the slider in the app to tilt the camera down first...). So, it seems that it’s just the down button that’s not behaving properly. I just emailed that same fella this morning to let him know I found this thread to corroborate that this is not an isolated issue (he said I was the only one so far to report this bug, but obviously that’s not quite true ). When I get a response from him, I’ll let y’all know what he says...

I got it a wallymart for $200 with controller, it has the latest firmware according to the app.. I really dunno what the solution could be but it is sure frustrating as ****... I tried resetting the remote via little pin button of back didn’t seem to do much of anything other than turn the remote off... any input would be nice from anyone that has experienced and fixed this problem
Why do you think Walmart is selling for $200? I paid $500 the first of the year for junk.

I couldn’t justify $500 for it, but $200 made it an easy buy-in for me. At that price, my expectations are fairly low

Save your receipts even if you register with Yuneec. I did not and a third party repair cost was $375. Now you get it for $200. They think we are pretty stupid and will clean out their toy inventory.

So when you're flying the Breeze in Pilot mode I like how there is a slider you can use to tilt the camera up and down but I can't seem to find the option when flying in Controller mode. Am I just dense or is that feature not available?
You can download the instructions. It’s the black cross on the left .

all these returns! I believe this is a firmware issue. I’ve had mine for a year now and one of the recent updates were bad. It caused connection problems and flight control problems. I downgraded to an earlier firmware and fly without hitches now. Think that may resolve most of these problems.

I bought a Breeze with controller, single battery from Walmart, $199 plus tax, saving it as a gift to my nephew for Christmas. Now, after reading all this, I'm pondering breaking the wrap, testing the whole setup before giving it to him as a "opened box, tested, flown once" gift.
btw, I've had a Breeze with controller, single battery included, another Breeze with two batteries, I bought a separate controller/goggle set for it, all worked fine before I gave them away as used gifts.

Last edited:
Now am I am seeing posts from people on Facebook groups saying they are experiencing the same issue. The only way this will be resolved is if more people call support and report it. They are playing it off as if it's not a common problem and even marked my support case as "user error."

Co7accZ.png

They were quick to ship me a replacement controller but won't acknowledge a possible major flaw in their product.

Now am I am seeing posts from people on Facebook groups saying they are experiencing the same issue. The only way this will be resolved is if more people call support and report it. They are playing it off as if it's not a common problem and even marked my support case

Same exact thing happened to me...controller does not control gimbal via cross button. Up does nothing and down rotates the drone counterclockwise. Drone was purchased on Black Friday from Wallyworld for $200. The first day I flew the drone, the controller did move the gimbal but in subsequent flights...no longer works. As others have said, I think this is an iOS issue....

Same exact thing happened to me...controller does not control gimbal via cross button. Up does nothing and down rotates the drone counterclockwise. Drone was purchased on Black Friday from Wallyworld for $200. The first day I flew the drone, the controller did move the gimbal but in subsequent flights...no longer works. As others have said, I think this is an iOS issue....
Oh, and waited for over an hour with tech support before being disconnected with “5 mins wait remaining”...

I ended up taking the phantom back and bought a Mavic Pro ya quite a bit of extra coin but couldn’t be happier with a real drone...good luck gents ps I ended up with two brand new breeze batteries so if anyone wants to buy them let me know I’ll do both for $80 PayPal and will ship anywhere in the 48(buyer pays pp fees and shipping) let me know

I opened the Breeze box bought from Walmart just to make sure, testing with my iPhone 5 that worked for packages of Breeze/controller bought many months ago.
For the Walmart package, in FPV mode, the bluetooth controller did not move the camera up or down at all.
I set to Pilot mode, sliding the camera to point down, switched back to FPV, pressing the "cross" up or down, the camera only went up, it stopped at full-up then no more control could be done.
Clearly, it's the same problem as other people have seen.
Using my old bluetooth controller, everything worked.
I think Yuneec had sent a special lot of Breeze/controller packages to Walmart to be sold at discount, but they didn't know there's a technical issue with the controller.
I'll call support tomorrow.

I opened the Breeze box bought from Walmart just to make sure, testing with my iPhone 5 that worked for packages of Breeze/controller bought many months ago.
For the Walmart package, in FPV mode, the bluetooth controller did not move the camera up or down at all.
I set to Pilot mode, sliding the camera to point down, switched back to FPV, pressing the "cross" up or down, the camera only went up, it stopped at full-up then no more control could be done.
Clearly, it's the same problem as other people have seen.
Using my old bluetooth controller, everything worked.
I think Yuneec had sent a special lot of Breeze/controller packages to Walmart to be sold at discount, but they didn't know there's a technical issue with the controller.
I'll call support tomorrow.
I have some findings that I'd like to share with you guys. I have two versions of the Breeze w/ controller. I found that the one with label showing it was manufactured in 9/16/2017 (controller produced in August 2017) has some issues. There are some defects in production (scratches on the upper cover, uneven coating on the camera lens, etc.) and the controller has functional camera tilting only on Android devices. The other version does not have a manufacture date but according to the controller, it was produced in May 2017 so its actually older than the other. This version has no problem at all. I can notice it has better build quality than the newer one. Also, the older controller (no problem at all) has red LED indicators while the newer one (has issues with tilting camera on iOS devices) has blue LED indicators. Hope this is helpful!

btw, the working controller shows up as Gamesir-G3s and the non-working one shows up as Gamesir-G3. Don't know if this makes a difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone