Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to tilt camera up/down in Controller mode

I have some findings that I'd like to share with you guys. I have two versions of the Breeze w/ controller .... Also, the older controller (no problem at all) has red LED indicators while the newer one (has issues with tilting camera on iOS devices) has blue LED indicators. Hope this is helpful!

Yes, I think I saw the different LEDs colors on my two controllers, new and old. I will return the whole package to Walmart. Yuneec's Customer Service is on holiday break. If they give me a new controller, it may not arrive before Christmas. I even have some doubt about the new Breeze production itself so I am getting my nephew something else.

Ok, so now I don't feel so dumb. The up button does nothing and the down button makes the Breeze rotate clockwise. So I guess my controller is malfunctioning? I guess time to call Yuneec support or just exchange it...
I had the same issues. I downloaded the latest firmware update for the controller, followed the instructions and now my controller works perfectly. Give it a try.

It says "Shopping" but this is the link for the firmware download. Shopping

Thanks. The update process was quite complicated but it saved me a trip back to Walmart to return the whole Breeze box.
I downloaded the controller firmware pack, extracted all files. I ran the update, it asked for some ***.dll files. I had to google that strange file name, the search took me to microsoft website in their question/answer forum to tell me to run some installation with the provided link for something with C++ Visual. Only the one for x86 installation worked for me. I read the pdf file in the controller update folder for instruction, followed it using two hands and all fingers to hold buttons on the controller, plugged in USB cable, and clicked the mouse to update then "update was successful".
The camera control appeared to work after update, it moved up and down.
I have not flown the Breeze to test all functions.

@nikono @DarylB wow that's a HUGE development!!! That's awesome! Unfortunately the update process did not fix the problem for me so I will have to try it on a different computer perhaps. Once I try it again on a different computer I will post back the results.

Thanks again guys!!

I filed a support email with Yunnec and after a week and a half they got back to me with this controller firmware update link. Performed the update this morning and the gimble up/down function on the controller now works as it should. Not sure why someone from Yuneec wouldn't simply chime into this discussion with this information.

Breeze FPV Contoller Firmware Update

Can you guys post the exact steps you are using and what version of Windows you are using? Also does your controller light up at all when you're doing the update to work? I've tried two computers and can't get it to work...

Updated my controller firmware and now the camera tilt works, thanks much for the help guy's.

Can you guys post the exact steps you are using and what version of Windows you are using? Also does your controller light up at all when you're doing the update to work? I've tried two computers and can't get it to work...

I used my Lenovo with windows 10 laptop. The instructions say you have to have better than windows 7. If you follow the instructions exactly it should work OK. I did not notice what the lights were doing to be honest.

I used my Lenovo with windows 10 laptop. The instructions say you have to have better than windows 7. If you follow the instructions exactly it should work OK. I did not notice what the lights were doing to be honest.

Do you by any chance have the Creators Update?

What does the issue look like? The update program won't communicate with the controller? I don't quite remember but according to the update instructions, you need to turn off the controller and hold some button when you plug in the USB cable and then launch the update program. You should hold the button all the way until the procedure is completed.

Do you by any chance have the Creators Update?

It is listed by one of the member here. Just click on his link and then follow the instructions in upgrading the controller. I think there were two files. One gives you the controller instructions the other has the executable file in it. You use the USB cable from your computer to the controller Then you have to have three hands while you hold down two buttons while plugging in the cable. The update goes very quickly, I'd say about 10 seconds or less. How to tilt camera up/down in Controller mode

Ha ha Yuneec finally got back to me, Although a little late.

Update for Case 85055 - "Yuneec Breeze camera problem when using controller"

Hello,
Thank you for contacting Yuneec! We understand that you are having issues with your camera pan control using the Breeze FPV controller that was included in your bundle. Below we have included a Hyperlink to the firmware update page on our website. The update comes included with instructions on how to perform a firmware update on the Breeze Controller, firmware for the Breeze Controller, and a .exe file to run the update. If you need further assistance regarding this issue or if you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for choosing Yuneec!
Customer Service | Yuneec USA
2275 Sampson Ave. Ste 200
Corona, CA 92879
T: 844 898 6332

Ha ha Yuneec finally got back to me, Although a little late.

Update for Case 85055 - "Yuneec Breeze camera problem when using controller"

Hello,
Thank you for contacting Yuneec! We understand that you are having issues with your camera pan control using the Breeze FPV controller that was included in your bundle. Below we have included a Hyperlink to the firmware update page on our website. The update comes included with instructions on how to perform a firmware update on the Breeze Controller, firmware for the Breeze Controller, and a .exe file to run the update. If you need further assistance regarding this issue or if you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for choosing Yuneec!
Customer Service | Yuneec USA
2275 Sampson Ave. Ste 200
Corona, CA 92879
T: 844 898 6332
Looks like they have moved to a new place? Thought it was Ontario before.

I also had the camera problem and installed the firmware update and now the up/down function works. Thanks for that. However the controller is still awful at connecting with bluetooth to my iPhone 6 Plus. It connects maybe 2 in 10 tries. Mostly does not pair. Sometimes identifies as keyboard, sometimes as Gamesir G3 and sometimes as Controller-games. Tried with my wife's Air and same issue. Did all the usual things, forget, reset, reboot etc. I really like flying the Breeze with the controller, but right now it"s a paperweight in my case. Controller has manuf date of 09/17/2017 :-(

I also had the camera problem and installed the firmware update and now the up/down function works. Thanks for that. However the controller is still awful at connecting with bluetooth to my iPhone 6 Plus. It connects maybe 2 in 10 tries. Mostly does not pair. Sometimes identifies as keyboard, sometimes as Gamesir G3 and sometimes as Controller-games. Tried with my wife's Air and same issue. Did all the usual things, forget, reset, reboot etc. I really like flying the Breeze with the controller, but right now it"s a paperweight in my case. Controller has manuf date of 09/17/2017 :-([/QUOT

You are not alone. It will pair to my iPhone, but sometimes it does not show up as an option in the wifi.for a long while. The biggest problem I have is with the controller and Bluetooth. It will show up but comes up with failure to connect. I have to forget Gamesir-G3 every time and allow it to be discovered all over again. Once it does it seems to work OK. The controller is I think is still the best option for me. I tried to just use the phone to fly it the other day and everything seemed to be OK with launch but then it would not respond at all to the flight controls. I just had to watch it drift into a bush where it came to a stop. I have flown it this way using an iPad with no trouble.

I also had the camera problem and installed the firmware update and now the up/down function works. Thanks for that. However the controller is still awful at connecting with bluetooth to my iPhone 6 Plus. It connects maybe 2 in 10 tries. Mostly does not pair.
Did the controller pair without problem before firmware upgrade?
My controller can't connect to iPhone 5 when the phone is in IOS setting for bluetooth. It only connects in Breeze app in FPV mode, the moment I slide the selection to controller from goggle, the controller shakes and connects.
Go to Breeze app, try the same thing.

Did the controller pair without problem before firmware upgrade?
My controller can't connect to iPhone 5 when the phone is in IOS setting for bluetooth. It only connects in Breeze app in FPV mode, the moment I slide the selection to controller from goggle, the controller shakes and connects.
Go to Breeze app, try the same thing.

No. Acted the same before and after. The only thing the update fixed was camera tilt. However there is good news !! I took your advice and changed my startup procedure. Powered up Breeze. Connected via wi-fi from iPhone. Turned on bluetooth on iPhone. Started Breeze app. Went to Tasks/Controller and it connects every time !! Just tried three times and all successful. So it appears you have to let the app make the bluetooth connection and not manually connect yourself.
Brilliant !! Thanks for your help !!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval