Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I´m not impressed with the Yuneec support

Maybe that’s why always starting and checking my ST is habit. It seems hardware monitor is there fix by giving you a quick visual of stick and switch outputs. I’ve also discovered just bouncing the sticks by flicking quickly back and forth to let the spring center helps give back signal. I only clean and calibrate if it doesn’t behave properly after normal routine pre flight workout and check. Office Max sells small cans of electronic air cleaner that fit well in the foam case or pack pockets and it’s handy for field problems. It’s great for blowing dust of lens and filters and motors etc...

I’ve also used the canned air and it usually works. Also used is a Q-Tip to wick some rubbing alcohol into the corners from outside the case while exercising the stick with the transmitter turned off. Both methods have been effective in eliminating a need to open up the case.

Periodic maintenance is pretty much a way of life for both manned and model aviation. Perhaps if people got in the habit of doing it with their drones their would be fewer issues?

Hi
Just wanted to share my discontent with Yuneec support.
I have heard that Yuneed Support should bed OH SO WONDERFUL....but the few times I have contacted them, by writing to them...I didn´t get an answer.
Maybe it´s a Yuneec "Europe" problem, but frankly I don´t care....I´m a customer and are left with no reaction on my support requests, at all.
My last request is as follows (personal info removed)

Hello Yuneec support

My name is:
xxxxxxxx
Address:
xxxxxxxxx

I have a Typhoon H RS purchased last year (still under guarantee).
I´m not able at this precise time to locate my invoice, but maybe you can find my drone in your system, using my contact info. ?? (Comment: I locatede it shortly after this and mailed it)

I´m having some issues with it.
These issues are intermittant but the fault accurance is consistant and I think they´re heat related.

1.) When booting the Typhoon from cold, sometimes the drone makes a 2 tone warning sound (high-low sound) and multiple (MANY) fault sounds when calibrating the camera, the calibration continues, and suddently the sounds stop.

2.) Mostly my realsense module is activated the first time I boot in the beginning of a new flying session (the systems are cold), but when I change the battery, the Realsense module is NOT detected anymore (and no powercycle of entire system helps) and I get a warning on my ST16 ("Realsense module is not detected, please reboot aircraft if installed").....this fault is consistant and I think it´s a heat issue or a bad connection when the Typhoon is warmed up.....I heard a fan "screaming" at a point, but this has not occured since.

3.) I seem not always to be able to control Yaw movement, it may be a 'sticky' yaw stick issue, but seen in the light of the other issues, I´m worried.

I personally think and would feel most safe, if Yuneec could take the aircraft in for a full service inspection and problem solving.

Please advice me either via Mail: xxxxxxxxxor call me at my cell: +xxxxxxxxxx

I have taken some video I can provide, so you can see/hear the different issues, if you´re interested.

I´m sceduled to take a professional drone certification course her in Denmark, in the end of this month, and would like to see the issues resolved at this point, can you help?

Best regards
xxxxxxxxx

Now 8 days after....no answer, and no indication they have recieved the mail.....or care to contact me.
I think my next drone will be a DJI

What specific yaw issue are you referring to?. My new...well used but remanufactured unit showed up with the problem that when I yawed, the craft moved forward. After using unbecoming language and going to the shooting range, I read up on it and did what they said, sprayed contact cleaner in the after ports (covered with little rubber plugs) and worked the sticks for a while. It went away, but came back in less than a week. I did it again, but it came back to a lesser degree a few days later. That third time was about 2 months ago and it has been working fine since. That first spray of contact cleaner into a "new" to me controller was quite uncomfortable, but it fixed it, like people on the forum said it would...and like I've heard from other people on here, they respond better to phone than email. Also talk to the people you bought it from directly. They may be able to check it out for you.

I have tried the registering process a few times, I was unable to see a request for a receipt, neither does one get a response to confirm the H is registered, I also have asked questions via the support ticket process never got an answer and the ticket just vanished after a couple of weeks, now not sure about Yuneec. I tried the online chat and it went to fill in a support ticket.this was in the w coast open time frame. I was going to purchase an Autel and found them very responsive and helpful.

I have tried the registering process a few times, I was unable to see a request for a receipt, neither does one get a response to confirm the H is registered, I also have asked questions via the support ticket process never got an answer and the ticket just vanished after a couple of weeks, now not sure about Yuneec. I tried the online chat and it went to fill in a support ticket.this was in the w coast open time frame. I was going to purchase an Autel and found them very responsive and helpful.

I had no problem last year registering my drones online.

Were they confirmed? this is what I found
under these headings no place to copy receipt and no acknowledge that it was received.
Product Registration
Please complete the form below to register your product. Fields marked with * are mandatory.

*First Name
*Last Name
Company
*Email Address
*Phone Number
*Address
*City
*State
*Zip
*Country
*Day of Purchase
*Month of Purchase
*Year of Purchase
*Product
*Product Serial

Last edited:
I tried registering two H’s almost a year apart using the online method. Neither worked after repeated attempts. Inquiring at Yuneec via telephone I was told point blank to use only the phone to contact them if I wanted a reply. Yuneec U.S. has not and does not maintain a responsive watch of their unsolicited incoming e-mail traffic with the exception of e-mails sent to specific individual e-mail addresses. Right or not that’s the way it is. Phone calls always work.

I can bang my forehead on a brick wall hoping to eventually knock it down or walk around the wall to get to the other side. One way works, the other doesn’t. Yuneec isn’t going to change because I want them to.

Registered on the phone after online didn't work... that was late October 2016. Original camera was bricked by that messy Oct FW update... resolved that by phone. Warranty process on crash from a year ago initiated and all subsequent contact with CS handled by phone...

Me senses a pattern, I does... :rolleyes:

If by chance the OP is even still reading any of this... I understand your frustration since you are under the service area of YuneecEU and likely do not even have the option of calling the US phone setup. I won't even get into the dramatic CS changes that have occurred within the US covered area in the last year, as Yuneec downsized that department.

Last edited:
I bought my H in March and I have tried repeatedly to register it. The form takes my address but none of the drop downs for date, etc. on the right side of the registration page will populate and allow selections.
I have filled in every one of the name/address/ph# blanks with no asterisk marked blank left open.

From what I have seen on other threads the Yuneec website is a mess, it does not function properly.
I guess phoning in is the only option, seems so stupid having someone tied up for that.most sites will do the whole process plus emailing confirmation automatically, even the chat does not work when I tried.

So far I like the H but worry that the warranty may not be honored without the information being in their files.

Worst case, save your receipt. If and when you call in for warranty service they’ll handle the registration then.

We keep telling people to call them to register but I guess all the new owners are convinced they know Yuneec’s methods better than people that have been dealing with them regularly for years.

FYI, bitching about Yuneec’s faulty online registration system here won’t do any good. Yuneec does not run or moderate the forum. They don’t come here.

Reactions: biltno
On hold now w support
20m, your est wait time is 2hours
30m, your est wait time is 2 hours
45m your est wait time is 2hours
Now 1hour in and “your est wait time is 2hours.
What happens when they close??
Guess my est wait time goes to 16hours, haha

On hold now w support
20m, your est wait time is 2hours
30m, your est wait time is 2 hours
45m your est wait time is 2hours
Now 1hour in and “your est wait time is 2hours.
What happens when they close??
Guess my est wait time goes to 16hours, haha

UPDATE: The music hold went silent and the call disconnected.....I’ve called them previously on several occasions, not much luck at all with Yuneec service

@film drone what time did you call? Since it is now too late to get a response today, I suggest you call at 8:05AM PT (whatever time that is depending on your location) on Monday. If you call 5 to 10 minutes after they open, this will give you the greatest likelihood of being able to get into their call-back system. You will need to stay home until they call back, but a least you do not have to wait on hold. By the very nature of any CS phone support, call volume will be highest on Monday. At one time they had a total of 5 full-time techs answering phone support... that was whittled down to 2 last summer.

Reactions: rdonson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss