Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I need advice or assistance if the right person reads this... regarding my Mantis Q! Please help!

Yesterday I have finished a brandnew feature to create a KML or GPX file from Mantis Q flight logs (PX4 MAVlink file). This funktion is not fully tested yet, but works for me.
Download: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip

Maybe this can help to find the drone.

Copy flightlogs to your PC in a seperate directory.
Open a directory where alle the flightlog files are located. Files should look like this "Sensor_2018_MM_dd_hh_mm_ss.txt" (Sensor_+Date_Time.txt). It's not really a text file but a binary. Do not open with a text editor.
Go to 'Settings' > 'Data conversion' and set 'Flight path from PX4 sensor' to true.
Double click on a file number in the list on the left side. Then this will be analysed - be patient, this takes time depending on size of the file.
Results of analysis (some status information, text messages and coordinated as GoogleMaps link) will be listed in the AppLog page.
If 'Flight path from PX4 sensor' is checked a kml or gpx file (depending on settings) will be created in the same directory as the sensor files with the same name but with different extension (*.kml or *.gpx).

Check AppLog for error messages like motor errors or something like this. You can open Google Maps with the last coordinate that the Mantis has sent before it disappears.

br HE

Reactions: DoomMeister
Same problem also but my drone was lost . been 6 days sense i sent my flighy logs but have recieved only 1 email stating that the mantis was new and files had to be sent to hq for viewing. Ive called several times and emailed . if they knew the logs were a problem they should have never put it in the stores for sale. They will he held responsible for this. Ive lost jobs , hours and hours of random looking when my flight logs could have gave me a location . question. So to view my logs i just need to out it in a spread sheet?

Thanks
Brian

A spreadsheet won’t work on the Mantis Sensor files, but the Q500log2kml program can read them. See the latest post by @h-elsner.

Reactions: bgill14
Yesterday I have finished a brandnew feature to create a KML or GPX file from Mantis Q flight logs (PX4 MAVlink file). This funktion is not fully tested yet, but works for me.
Download: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip

Maybe this can help to find the drone.

Copy flightlogs to your PC in a seperate directory.
Open a directory where alle the flightlog files are located. Files should look like this "Sensor_2018_MM_dd_hh_mm_ss.txt" (Sensor_+Date_Time.txt). It's not really a text file but a binary. Do not open with a text editor.
Go to 'Settings' > 'Data conversion' and set 'Flight path from PX4 sensor' to true.
Double click on a file number in the list on the left side. Then this will be analysed - be patient, this takes time depending on size of the file.
Results of analysis (some status information, text messages and coordinated as GoogleMaps link) will be listed in the AppLog page.
If 'Flight path from PX4 sensor' is checked a kml or gpx file (depending on settings) will be created in the same directory as the sensor files with the same name but with different extension (*.kml or *.gpx).

Check AppLog for error messages like motor errors or something like this. You can open Google Maps with the last coordinate that the Mantis has sent before it disappears.

br HE

You have been very busy my friend! Will that work with the H Plus Sensor files also?

Reactions: bgill14
Yes, but it's easier and faster to use telemetry files from H Plus. But if you need to compare flight pathes - yes this is possible for H Plus too.
Evaluation of (large) sensor files takes a lot of time. I have tried to make it faster but only a little bit was possible up to now.

br HE

Thank you DoomMeister and h-elser . i will update you guys shortly

Same problem also but my drone was lost . been 6 days sense i sent my flighy logs but have recieved only 1 email stating that the mantis was new and files had to be sent to hq for viewing. Ive called several times and emailed . if they knew the logs were a problem they should have never put it in the stores for sale. They will he held responsible for this. Ive lost jobs , hours and hours of random looking when my flight logs could have gave me a location . question. So to view my logs i just need to out it in a spread sheet?

Thanks
Brian
can

Attachments

• yuneec_2018_10_12_18_42_0 (1).zip
    279 bytes · Views: 8
  • yuneec_2018_10_14_18_39_0.txt.zip
    571.1 KB · Views: 5
flightlogs

flightlogs

Attachments

• flightlogs.txt.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
I don't know what that is and how you created that bunch of data. There are some files in, a RAR file with the same files, two zip files with one of the files in but doubled and so on. None of the files are flightlog files.
The name of flight log files should start with Sensor_ {followed by date_time}.txt (example: Sensor_2018_10_14_10_13_33.txt).

The files should be located on you controller (the device, that operates the flight app).

Do not rename files, do not edit. Simply zip those files in one archive.

Last edited:
Hey HE i really need youre help if u can view those flight logs i attached on a prevous post in thos thread i need the one 10-14 and any others after that . ive been searching for a week and have had no luck , its kiiling my business

Yes, but it's easier and faster to use telemetry files from H Plus. But if you need to compare flight pathes - yes this is possible for H Plus too.
Evaluation of (large) sensor files takes a lot of time. I have tried to make it faster but only a little bit was possible up to now.

br HE

Attachments

• ScreenshotDisplay_files_1.png
    ScreenshotDisplay_files_1.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 22
flightlogs that came from the app in my file manager on my android device

Attachments

• flylogs.txt.zip
    571.1 KB · Views: 3
The only file that meets my rules for Mantis Q flight logs is "yuneec_2018_10_12_18_42_0 (2).log". It contains GPS data sets and deliveres a kml file with flight path. Flight is at your door steps. KML is in the zip archive.

Let me explain, what I do to identify Mantis Q records:
I read the binary file with file name matching pattern 'Sensor_*.txt' and check for MAVlink Messages in it. If some are there, I seach 'heartbeat' messages with PX4 and Quadcopter ID. If so, I think it is Mantis Q and list the filenumber in list on the left side.
ScreenshotDisplay_files_1.png

The only file from Oct/14 is full of crap but contains some MAVlink messages in unknown format with strange/impossible data and no GPS data. Not usable at all.

All other files contains not documented or invalid messages, mostly "Unknown MAV_CMD $1B8B (7051)" from an unknown Component ID "$FA".

br HE

Attachments

• yuneec_2018_10_12_18_42_0_2.zip
    351.8 KB · Views: 1
Here is what is in the file "yuneec_2018_10_14_18_39_0.txt.log":

This impossible or complete different format which is nowhere described.

br HE

Attachments

• AppLogyuneec_2018_10_14_18_39_0.txt
    41 KB · Views: 9
Was that information sent to the Applog?

The volts and current readouts were insane. One would suspect that the file is false or the controller on the aircraft has a major malfunction with all the disinformation in that file.

can you make out any cords out of that or even a altitude to know if its in a tree which i believe it is. those files are coming straight from my android phone 8.0 oreo os from the flightlogs in the app storage . When i was using the program i couldnt even switch any of the functions like sensor and there was no "true " tab aswell. what else can we do?? im praying

Are you accessing the Flylog folder to get the sensor files? I agree with h-elsner about all the gibberish that was posted. If you sent that to Yuneec they are going to be asking the same thing we are. Did Yuneec send you instructions for retrieving the telemetry (Sensor) files?
They don’t have any instructions posted on their website.

I plug my phone up to my laptop then i open the phone storsge then yuneec pilot folder click on flight logs and you see it they all start with yuneec

In post #52 i have explained all I could see. Sorry for my bad english. To make it more clear:
1. I'm surprised that there are noc files named Sensor_*.txt
2. From the files I got, there is only one file that seem to be a file that meets the MAVlink definitions availbale in internet.
I refer to that page: https://developer.yuneec.com/documentation/125/Supported-mavlink-messages
3. Nearly all files have undocumentetd and/or destroyed records in. If the record ID is some known ID the data are impossible, means not valid (i.e. Processor load > 100%, Voltage far away from real values, etc.).

All in all, unusable except the one file where I think it is in hios garden. Is it?

br HE

heres another

Attachments

• yuneec_2018_10_15_01_15_3.zip
    952 bytes · Views: 1
@bgill14, how long have you had your Part 107 ticket and what other sUAS’s are you using in your business?

It is unusual to have only one craft when your business relies on it to conduct business.

What were the circumstances leading to the loss of the Mantis Q?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig