Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I need advice or assistance if the right person reads this... regarding my Mantis Q! Please help!

Yes, so I'm currently awaiting their technical team to investigate the flight logs to determine what caused the drone to malfunction.
Thanks for asking and I will keep all posted. I'm hoping to hear something by today. It's been since last Thursday that I uploaded the logs to them. :-(

Markus

Keep bugging them. Hate to say it, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease. It only takes a little bit of time for their program to analyze the flight logs.

Last edited:
Wow... my regrets there. That sux all kinda ways - but in my experience Yuneec is a very stand up company. I have no doubts they will make it right - you clearly know your pre-flight and know what to watch for. Hope it is resolved soon.

To start, I'm a pretty experienced pilot. I own the Typhoon H which I love and I can only say perfect things about this drone. My sister crashed it into a tree some time ago when she borrowed it awhile ago. I plan to buy parts and fix in the very near future.

The Mantis Q has an attractive price so I purchased the Mantis Q and received it via FedEx on Friday, the 6th of September, 2018. I've always been a fan of Yuneec drones (never have I thought to obtain any DJI drone with this being the most common amongst my peers). I went to the lake yesterday to attempt to get some video footage of me on my Yamaha Waverunner. Before I attempted this, I was on shore recalibrating the compass as this lake is over 100 miles from my home (where I previously had calibrated the compass). Its seems that this drone is very sensitive with having interference from a magnetic field :confused::rolleyes: (or so the app constantly states).

I was able to finally get a successful calibration of the compass. ;) I had everything connected, drone obtained it "Home" location :) (which I made sure was about 30 feet away from the lake as to be sure no accidents). However, I was unable to successfully move the camera position while the drone is in flight or not in-flight for that matter (the camera just facing forward and straight in front of the drone). The drone was stable and hovering without any issues. The only issue I was having appeared to be with the "Watch Me" mode. The drone would begin the mode and then after a few seconds, it would cancel the "Watch Me" mode and just hover without keeping me in view.

The battery was fully charged on all devices at the start (the iPhone, RC and drone). When I realized that I wasn't going to be able to get the video footage I was anxious to obtain, I decided I would just wait for my next visit to the lake. So, I figured I would try to get some footage of the lake and my sister and I on shore. I switched to Sport mode, flew the drone approximately 20 feet above land...I was going to attempt a flight from over the water coming in to shore towards my sister and I...battery at this point was at least 50% percent. The drone was in position, I looked down at the screen to see that the camera was pointing in my direction where I would be in view as the drone approached shore...my sister says, the drone is dropping and next I know the drone is dropping out of the air, my iPhone says "Connection lost" in the app -with the drone and my drone drops right into the lake! :eek::confused:o_O I was unable to get my drone as it sank into the lake.

How is this possible? :mad: If the drone loses connection, it is to fly back to the home position and land. The drone's distance was only about 100-150ft from me and about 20-30 feet up.

I'm very upset :mad:and I would like to know what I am to do now? I want to find out from Yuneec what their explanation is going to be with this. I hadn't even had a full flight on one whole battery yet. I had only flown short flights for less than 10 minutes at the field across the street from my house.

Please advise or shoot your questions for me to answer. I really appreciate it.

Markus Rupp :confused::mad:
Okay... this is the chain of events in form of emails, from purchase to losing my drone, to reporting and asking advice from Yuneec, them asking for my flights logs and then stating they are awaiting for technical team overseas to reply back after they review my logs.

Attachments

• email recd re new Mantis Q becoming available on 8-14-2018.JPG
    email recd re new Mantis Q becoming available on 8-14-2018.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 19
  • email re new purchase of Mantis Q 8-27-2018.JPG
    email re new purchase of Mantis Q 8-27-2018.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 18
  • email re order fulfullment on 8-31-2018.JPG
    email re order fulfullment on 8-31-2018.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 20
  • email between sis and I 9-12-2018.JPG
    email between sis and I 9-12-2018.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 20
  • email 9-17-2018 part1.JPG
    email 9-17-2018 part1.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 22
  • email 9-17-2018 part2.JPG
    email 9-17-2018 part2.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 20
  • email to upload flight logs 9-18-2018.JPG
    email to upload flight logs 9-18-2018.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 20
  • email thank you for sending your flight logs 9-19-2018.JPG
    email thank you for sending your flight logs 9-19-2018.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 20
  • email sent logs overseas 9-26-2018.JPG
    email sent logs overseas 9-26-2018.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 20
Okay... this is the chain of events in form of emails, from purchase to losing my drone, to reporting and asking advice from Yuneec, them asking for my flights logs and then stating they are awaiting for technical team overseas to reply back after they review my logs.
I hope this update was enough for everybody to understand and follow.
Markus

Is there any chance you have a copy of the files you sent to Yuneec?

If so, please post here using the attach files button. If it is the zipped files you sent Yuneec you can post here directly, if not just add .txt to the end and post.

Reactions: Jezzzero

If so, please post here using the attach files button. If it is the zipped files you sent Yuneec you can post here directly, if not just add .txt to the end and post.

OKay... I need to know how I can remove my login info and such from these files if I'm going to be posting them here publicly. Do you know the software I use to view these files?

Markus

There should be no login info in the telemetry files, but if you post it to me in a Conversation (Private Message - use the Envelope icon next to your Avatar near the top of the page) it will go no further than myself. As of right now there is no program to look at files from the Mantis Q, but they can be looked at with a spread sheet (they should be comma separated values).

I use Q500log2kml.exe by @h-elsner to analyze telemetry from most Yuneec aircraft, but the Mantis is not covered yet. With your permission I will share all info that is not personal to you with Helmut so he can incorporate the Mantis into his program in the future. You can get info on his program in the Downloads area of his website Meine private Homepage - Programmierung, Kopter, Bilder.

Reactions: Jezzzero
Should have... BUT DID NOT!
There should be no login info in the telemetry files, but if you post it to me in a Conversation (Private Message - use the Envelope icon next to your Avatar near the top of the page) it will go no further than myself. As of right now there is no program to look at files from the Mantis Q, but they can be looked at with a spread sheet (they should be comma separated values).

I use Q500log2kml.exe by @h-elsner to analyze telemetry from most Yuneec aircraft, but the Mantis is not covered yet. With your permission I will share all info that is not personal to you with Helmut so he can incorporate the Mantis into his program in the future. You can get info on his program in the Downloads area of his website Meine private Homepage - Programmierung, Kopter, Bilder.
Thank you! I've sent you a PM with link. Hope this helps.

Let me know if you need something different.

Markus

Thanks a lot. Those files are sensor files similar to Typhoon H Plus. It can be displayed by Q500log2kml and partially decoded.
In opposite to H Plus there are also MAV commands in. Currently it will be displayed as unknown. I'm working on that (my first Mantis files...).

br HE

Seems to be a HW error. In the last sensor file "Sensor_2018_09_09_11_12_10.txt" it says at data set number 36376 (next is the position as GoogleMaps link):

36376 CRITICAL: (1,61)MOTOR 1 ERROR IS 9
36412 00:16:24:816 Google Maps

Motor outage mid air is fatal for a quad.

br HE

I see Helmut came to the same conclusion as myself. You should get a replacement under warranty.

Great that the program is so up to date! It's awesome that we have at least some ways to check the Mantis logs.
By the way: Where are the log files in Mantis located? Copter/controller/phone?

Great that the program is so up to date! It's awesome that we have at least some ways to check the Mantis logs.
By the way: Where are the log files in Mantis located? Copter/controller/phone?

They are stored on the phone, just like the Breeze.

Here are instructions for iOS. Android should be similar.

For iOS open iTunes on the PC.
Attach iPhone/iPad.
Open File Sharing.
Select Yuneec Pilot.
Select the Flylog folder.
Save to PC.
On PC select the contents of the Flylog folder and create a zip file.

Reactions: DroneCalzone
Same problem also but my drone was lost . been 6 days sense i sent my flighy logs but have recieved only 1 email stating that the mantis was new and files had to be sent to hq for viewing. Ive called several times and emailed . if they knew the logs were a problem they should have never put it in the stores for sale. They will he held responsible for this. Ive lost jobs , hours and hours of random looking when my flight logs could have gave me a location . question. So to view my logs i just need to out it in a spread sheet?

Thanks
Brian
Thanks DoomMeister.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop