Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I need help!

Reaction score
The mantis a camera will not move up or down out of the box. It sounds like the gear is stripped, but it’s not. Constant up and down movement as if it’s stuck trying to level out. I don’t know what to do.

Okay. So if the camera catches itself in the center, it needs help to move up or down, but will continue to do so after the center point. As soon as it gets back to the center point, it just bounces around and won’t go back up or down. My first one had a controller issue, I had to return it, now this one has a camera issue. I did not do anything with it. Thought a reset might help. Didn’t work.

It sounds like you've been really unlucky and that Yuneec might be having some QC problems with the Mantis. PITA though it is, I suspect your best bet is to send it back to them once more, or maybe you can get an authorisation from them to swap it out at a store. I imagine they will bend over backwards to help you given that this is your second fail...

Reactions: LinsonW
I have to agree with AeroJ on this one. This has all the hallmarks of a damaged gear in the camera servo.

Same reply as for the OP. You need to contact Yuneec Customer Support. There is definitely a problem with the camera servo. I suspect the gear on the camera or servo is worn/stripped. You can see it has trouble finding the zero point during initialization and then during flight it drifts off of it and is oscillating trying to regain the setting.

Had same issue on mine gone for warrantry but the didn't admitted it is theyr fault. Bought an anafi, and now i am just happy!

mavic air is good drone, but pretty noisy to me and connection (in CE mode, because i live in italy) is not very stable even at close range (saw with my own eyes connection lost at 120 meters, yep 120 not 1200!) due to the wi-fi interference around the place. The lucky fact was that there were no obstacles around, so the Mavic air was able to perform a safe RTH.

Seems like the mantis will be soon replaced by yuneec with a Drone with a mechanical gimbal (still no news if 3 axis, or 2 axis mixed) But the best move is actually the one you did.
Enjoy your Air, wil be really fun and reliable!

I have the same problem with my Mantis and I emailed Yuneec and still waiting for their answer....it is annoying to have that issue everytime you do a video.....

I have the same problem with my Mantis and I emailed Yuneec and still waiting for their answer....it is annoying to have that issue everytime you do a video.....

Yuneec never answers unsolicited email ( have no idea why they even list it on their website). Go to http://yuneec.com/support and select Speak to a Pro. Try using live chat first, if you can’t get a rep that way schedule a support phone call. The last option is to file a support case online, but that gets about as much attention as an email (none).

The mantis a camera will not move up or down out of the box. It sounds like the gear is stripped, but it’s not. Constant up and down movement as if it’s stuck trying to level out. I don’t know what to do.

As much as I love the Yuneec brand, I have experienced their poor QC first hand lately. Two brand new ground station that were both defective from the factory. I certainly feel your pain. It's not only enough to drive you away from a brand, it's just disappointing from a consumer standpoint. I pay a fair price for an item and I expect it to work. I hope you're enjoying the replacement!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bancadoithuongads