Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
I bought a used a q500 with the cgo2 camera in very good condition. The camera however had had issues from day 1. It would not work half the time. It would do this twitching and make a few beeping noises. I seen on YouTube where you can adjust the weight on the back of it by turning it. I tried this and got it to work sometimes. Not it doesn't do anything and it's as if the gimbal motors are not calibrated out something? I have had to use duck tape to hold it steady. Yes, the camera still works.

Can someone please help me? I have tried looking for a place to do repairs on it but I can't seem to find a place to send it to. Or, if something has a good deal on a used Cgo camera that works would be awesome as well. I am located in Columbus, Ohio, USA.

I would greatly appreciate some help/feedback. I hope someone out there can help me.

Cheers!
Scott G.

Reactions: Steve Carr
One common problem with the CGO2 was exactly what you mentioned. A loss of calibration. The problem can sometimes be temporarily relieved by tilting the Q500 back so that it rests on the rear motors and the back of the landing gear during initialization. It will then perform normally for that flight. You have to do the tilt on each start-up, and if the calibration has drifted far enough, it will not work at all.

I don't know the weight on the back will help much at all with initialization. It is there to eliminate "buzz" that sometimes occurs after the camera is already initialized. The buzz is a balance issue. If you have already adjusted the weight, you may now have the buzz, and will need to adjust it back to original after the camera initializes.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval