Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

If your new to the typhoon h read this to learn what I did the hard way

That's something I haven't been doing. Thanks for looking out. It's true verbal agreements and handshake don't mean much to people nowadays and they could come back wanting money. Thanks pat

You're most welcome.

You would find it interesting the number of times people have given me verbal permission to use them or their property in a shoot that avoided/refused to sign a photographer's release when they were presented with one. I had one R.E. broker that got more than a little upset because they did sign a release. The broker requested the imagery before it was paid for to initiate a listing for a $1.2 mil property. When delivery was refused until payment was made things hit the fan with demands for the imagery since the property owner "owned" it, paid for or not. The building and property release, containing a "for consideration" and retention of copyright clauses signed before the shoot knocked that demand in the dirt. No, I never got paid for the shoot but at the same time nobody got to make money from my work without paying for the work. A failure on my part for that one was in not obtaining a written contract to perform the work. One of those "verbal agreement" things... The devil is in the details and there's a lot of stuff to look out for.

Reactions: Cyberawe
You're most welcome.

You would find it interesting the number of times people have given me verbal permission to use them or their property in a shoot that avoided/refused to sign a photographer's release when they were presented with one. I had one R.E. broker that got more than a little upset because they did sign a release. The broker requested the imagery before it was paid for to initiate a listing for a $1.2 mil property. When delivery was refused until payment was made things hit the fan with demands for the imagery since the property owner "owned" it, paid for or not. The building and property release, containing a "for consideration" and retention of copyright clauses signed before the shoot knocked that demand in the dirt. No, I never got paid for the shoot but at the same time nobody got to make money from my work without paying for the work. A failure on my part for that one was in not obtaining a written contract to perform the work. One of those "verbal agreement" things... The devil is in the details and there's a lot of stuff to look out for.
Amen brother. Your knowledge is needed and I greatly appreciate it to keep myself out of lessons you've learned being far more experienced then me. You could of save me thousands down the road.

Amen brother. Your knowledge is needed and I greatly appreciate it to keep myself out of lessons you've learned being far more experienced then me. You could of save me thousands down the road.

Hi everybody. I also want to thank all of you for your immediate involvement when I had the "beep of death" on my H. I have learned quite a bit about the H thanks to that problem and made me realize that it is equally important to follow strict procedures to fly our drones as it is to fly the aircraft for the Airlines.
I managed to find the fix and I am happily flying it still as a hobby but looking to get into the business side. You guys are awsome. Thank you again!!

Neutral density filters do nothing for color, they only cut down the amount of light to the sensor to allow you to use slower shutter speeds for video. Polarizing filters do affect color but are infective in multi rotor since they have to be adjusted for the particular scene, so as the scene or angle changes they need to be re-adjusted.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks for the input.

I'm no photography pro, but I have videocams that have built-in ND filters. The camera prompts when the metering calls for an ND filter, and which one it wants. Not happening with the camera on the TH, so trying to do it would be guesswork, IMO, unless you're using a light meter, and even then, pretty tough to actually achieve a desired result.

Last edited:
Our cameras really aren't all that high tech. When we consider products usually have a wholesale price a minimum of 5 times the production cost you start thinking they may not be on the higher end of the quality scale as well. They are pretty cheap units intended to be priced at a level that will cause a lot of them to get sold, providing the maximum amount of profit possible. So they don't have a lot of extra features. Compare the price of our little camera, shoot, the price of the entire rig, to the bare body price of an a6300 or GH5 as an example. An A7rII body goes for more than double the cost of a loaded H.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy