Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I'm not sure why it says I need an update?

Best practice has a manufacturer providing a new or old product to specific people to perform beta testing without risking customer money, prior to releasing hard or software to the general public.

You might have forgotten but I designed, made, test flew, and flew UAV’s for paying customers and to send out untested product on the customer’s dime was and still is a very fast way to get thrown out of country. Not performing functional testing is saying the manufacturer is both cheap and lazy, caring little about their customers.
Thanks for the comments, actually yuneec product release team test each new firmware carefully in both factory and wideworld office, and also some ambassadors help on it.
Hence i still see some issues highlight here, not handled well. I also fly and shoot often like many guys here, and hope you all can get better experience. Then just share some info once any progress, to confirm if these issues are exactly fixed.
Actually i'm an engineeing in RD team, it's not my response to communicate with customer. Here i am just a pilot and discuss with you how to use the product better.
I would say sorry for it if something is wrong from me. Thanks a lot.

Reactions: rdonson and DCH
Thanks for the comments, actually yuneec product release team test each new firmware carefully in both factory and wideworld office, and also some ambassadors help on it.
Hence i still see some issues highlight here, not handled well. I also fly and shoot often like many guys here, and hope you all can get better experience. Then just share some info once any progress, to confirm if these issues are exactly fixed.
Actually i'm an engineeing in RD team, it's not my response to communicate with customer. Here i am just a pilot and discuss with you how to use the product better.
If you have / had "release teams" and "some ambassadors" across the world testing out The "H's" then why are there so many issues??
Evidently your so called "release teams" and "some ambassadors" don't really understand "quality" or should I say, understanding what to really look for. You SHOULD look into new and really qualified "release teams" and "some ambassadors". I can give you a few people here in America that will "SCRUTINIZE" look for any bugs! ARE YOU UP TO IT??

Last edited:
I for one very much appreciate that you get involved with us and share information here on the forum. Thank you for your input here. I feel better knowing that someone from Yuneec is reading what we have to say and is making an effort to improve our experience with the product. I think that it is more important and valuable to communicate with an R&D engineer instead of a Public Relations Representative.

In a perfect world, everything @PatR says it true, but we don't live in perfect world, so I am willing to help and be an unpaid tester if it helps to create a better product. I also was an R&D engineer and I know how important feedback from field testing can be. Our real world field experience is valuable and if someone from Yuneec is willing to consider this input and make an attempt to implement it, then Yuneec and its customers both benefit in the end.

Thank you for allowing me to try the new Firmware, and thank you for taking my field test results seriously. I am willing to be a foreign "Release Team" member, or an "Ambassador" to Beta Test any new Firmware you have to offer until all the problems are ironed out and solved.

Now there is a new OTA available, please kindly have a try. Any feedback can share in the board.

I have discovered a bug in the Firmware Build 893, that occurs when using two ST16S controllers in Team Mode. When zooming in or out with the Slave ST16s, the gimbal will shift position in either (or both) Pan and Tilt, so the frame does not stay centered on the subject. Sometimes this shift is small, and sometimes the shift is great. The shift is not intermittent, the shift occurs every time the zoom is changed in Team Mode. The camera functions normally with one ST16S, this only happens in Team Mode.

Also in Team Mode the Zoom icon indicator (1X / 2x / 4x /8x) does not always update after changing the magnification. Example: When changing from 1x to 4x, The camera display will zoom to 4x, however the icon continues to indicate 1x until I tap 4x a second time, only then does the icon change to green.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone