Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Impossible to fly, please help before i return it!

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I have just bought a Typhoon H and have been out today for a first flight.

The drone has been calibrated, compass & accelerometer, the hardware monitor shows no issues with the sticks or their amount of travel, ans the latest firmware is installed.

However, yaw is extremely slow, with way too much expo on the controls, you need to be at maximum travel to get it to slightly move around. And also, it moves forward with an abrupt nodding action, also very slowly.

This happens in tortoise or hare setting.

Does not inspire much confidence at all

By the way its not my first drone!

Thanks for your time

Ben

I agree. Yaw was ridiculously slow when I first got my H and it was similarly twitchy around the centerlines on the cyclic. It is set that way for beginners (although I would argue something THAT slow or twitchy doesn't help them either!).
But easy enough to fix, just go into the channel settings before your next flight, and change it as follows...

I also did Aileron and Elevator while I was there, and now it flies much more nicely.

Last edited:
Ah brilliant!

I have just calibrated the sticke etc which is what someone else advised, but where in the transmitter do i find the ability to change the yaw rates etc?

Cheers

Ah brilliant!

I have just calibrated the sticke etc which is what someone else advised, but where in the transmitter do i find the ability to change the yaw rates etc?

Cheers

Dude, if you can't find the answer to that in the first video I posted, nothing I type is gonna help you !! :)

Reactions: PatR
The 480 at first seems jerky. The rate curve changes help. The left stick is notoriously problematic depending on remote and requires cleaning often. There are numerous threads here going over that in detail. If the look of how it moves (it rarely affects video) bugs you, then you may never be happy. The six motors make it behave different then quads and it’s an inherent design issue that’s not really ever fully reduced. The gimbal compensates quite well though so you may find it less of a problem over time.

Also, for filming where ultimately smooth travel is essential, consider using the Right D-pad to do forward motion instead, and only controlling yaw and throttle manually. Although note, you will have to click it up about 5 times to notice any forward speed at all, and <16 times to get it to a decent speed. You can gently stir the right stick, or change flight modes to get out of that once started.

Last edited:
Dude, if you can't find the answer to that in the first video I posted, nothing I type is gonna help you !! :)

Lol, just noticed that its a vid, doh!

Rushing around before i go to pick the wife up from hospital, ill check it out when i get back!

Reactions: AeroJ
The H is definitely a bird you need to get a lot flying time on . I have tweaked my controls and been practicing flying in squares and figure eights to work on getting controls smooth .

Do that with the H facing out and facing in. When you no longer get confused easily you’re well on your way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
puputus