Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Impulse Christmas Shopping (Steve Carr, Ty pilot, and AH-1G Style)

DCH

Dr. FrankenPhoon
Reaction score
Since @Steve Carr refuses to give anyone an H Plus for Christmas -or any other occation (so I've been told), I took matters into my own hands and bought one for my favorite little kid -me. "Barley used" with everything for $1,200, I couldn't pass it up! :cool:

Wait a minute! What have I just done? :eek: I know nothing about these except @Ty Pilot made me want one with his awesome videos. I suspect there was even some powerful subliminal directives embedded in them. Then ol @AH-1G jumps in with his rave comments after flying Ty's and how the Plus feels like it has power steering. What the heck guys, is this a conspiracy? You people have manipulated me into buying this thing, and now you better come thru with all the pointers, tips, and suggestions you can muster! I'm going to need them!

...Dang, I was still climbing the H Pro learning curve, and I thought the end was in sight. :rolleyes: ....Sigh.

YES! "barely used", looks perfect in the photos. It had been for sale for $1500 on fleebay, that was tempting but beyond the limits of my budget. This morning it was reposted for $1150 with a 'Make Offer' option. It was before I finished my 1st cup of coffee so I'm not sure what happened, I put in a $1200 offer expecting it to be rejected. Next thing I know I'm transferring all extra funds to PayPal!

Looks like it's rice & beans for the next month or so!

Time to hit the books, just downloaded the manual.

Good catch man - I was watching that auction like a hawk - it's in town for me. I actually put up a post in the H plus section here looking for long term reviews before I pulled the trigger. I'm glad to see it go to someone who will get their use out of it!

Reactions: DCH
I actually put up a post in the H plus section here looking for long term reviews before I pulled the trigger.

I didn't even get a chance to read your long term review before grabbing it, it all happened so fast before the trigger went off. Off to read it now, hoping it's a good one, and hoping I didn't shoot myself in the foot!!

I didn't even get a chance to read your long term review before grabbing it, it all happened so fast. Off to read it now, hoping it's a good one!
Oh I wasn't making a long term review - I was asking for one!

I see that now, too bad, I was hoping for more rave reviews. Well I don't see a hole in my shoe and my foot feels okay, the only thing bleeding so far is my wallet!

I see that now, too bad, I was hoping for more rave reviews. Well I don't see a hole in my shoe and my foot feels okay, the only thing bleeding so far is my wallet!
If you decided you were unhappy with it, you wouldn't have any trouble reselling it for a profit!

More worried about what to do with my two Hs now and the investment I've made in them. Sell one keep one? Bundle the two Hs with three ST-16 ground stations, Wizard Wand, and SteadyGrip as a Deluxe "Team Mode" package, compete with a backup bird? Or piece everything out in bits?
Basically my entire collection of 480 goodies is not going to be comparable with Plus.

Looks like I didn't shoot myself in the foot after all, I shot myself in the brain!

More worried about what to do with my two Hs now and the investment I've made in them. Sell one keep one? Bundle the two Hs with three ST-16 ground stations, Wizard Wand, and SteadyGrip as a Deluxe "Team Mode" package, compete with a backup bird? Or piece everything out in bits?
Basically my entire collection of 480 goodies is not going to be comparable with Plus.

Looks like I didn't shoot myself in the foot after all, I shot myself in the brain!
I'm in the same boat as you. I've got 2 480's 3 controllers and 3 cg03+'s. I'd have to get Steve to buy me one or rob a bank because I don't want to get the 520- knowing that the 480's will sit gathering dust.

I'd have to get Steve to buy me one or rob a bank.
Good luck convincing Steve, that's like trying fly without installing your props, not even going to get off the ground!

I don't want to get the 520- knowing that the 480's will sit gathering dust.
That's wise thinking, I never had a chance to consider that. That's the beauty of the 3 man tag team subliminal system these guys have going on, you never know what hit you until the money is flying out of your wallet and your drones are all sitting around collecting dust!

Its been a while since I added anything to the thread I started back in July but here was my experience with the Plus from day one through the 'getting acquainted' period.

H Plus First Impressions
See what I mean? The dust hasn't even settled on my drones and Ty's already at again!! :p

Reactions: thoneter
Keep at least one H480. May not always want to put the H520 in the air, for preservation - nothing else implied. I keep flying my H480’s because:

1) sometimes (ok, often) just feel the need to be in the air.
2) they keep me on my toes... not as advanced/precise as the H520.
3) less money in the air when all I’m doing is satisfying point number one.

If not clear by now, I love my H520. It’s just that my H480’s are my first love and no way I’m going to keep them on the shelf, let alone get rid of them.

Just sayin.

Jeff

Reactions: thoneter and DCH
If not clear by now, I love my H520. It’s just that my H480’s are my first love and no way I’m going to keep them on the shelf, let alone get rid of them.

Just sayin.
Good point, and well taken. I definitely want to keep one 480, and since the H Plus has RealSense, I'm thinkin'bout letting the H Pro go with one ST16, then I still have a standard 480 with two controllers for Team Mode, something I don't think the H Plus offers, but something I really like need.

As I don’t do mapping, watching the fur fly between the H Plus and 520 is why I bought the 920 Plus. I wanted a better camera with a non distortion lens, and preferred a zoom. Neither the 520 or H Plus did that, and a true 16mpx with variable bit rates was quite satisfactory. Having a wealth of camera control functions exceeding any other product Yuneec makes also put focus on the 920.

Next I wanted an honest 15-18 minutes of flying time. As the 920 provides 20-30 depending on the camera being carried it fit the bill.

Next was pre launch flight planning. Only the 520 provided that so the H Plus was out. the 920 provides it.

The same applied to Cruise Control as it’s a big deal to me. That fell onto the 920 alone.

So the 920 won’t ever see firmware upgrades. Oh well, and I won’t ever feel a need to wonder if and when Yuneec might put something new out there. They won’t, so mission planning and execution is very simple, with no longing for hopes and wishes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ty Pilot and DCH
As I don’t do mapping, watching the fur fly between the H Plus and 520 is why I bought the 920 Plus. I wanted a better camera with a non distortion lens, and preferred a zoom. Neither the 520 or H Plus did that, and a true 16mpx with variable bit rates was quite satisfactory. Having a wealth of camera control functions exceeding any other product Yuneec makes also put focus on the 920.

Next I wanted an honest 15-18 minutes of flying time. As the 920 provides 20-30 depending on the camera being carried it fit the bill.

Next was pre launch flight planning. Only the 520 provided that so the H Plus was out. the 920 provides it.

The same applied to Cruise Control as it’s a big deal to me. That fell onto the 920 alone.

So the 930 won’t ever see firmware upgrades. Oh well, and I won’t ever feel a need to wonder if and when Yuneec might put something new out there. They won’t, so mission planning and execution is very simple, with no longing for hopes and wishes.

Clearly the 920 would have been my first choice for all the above reasons. There are only two reasons I don't have a 920.
1) The expen$e of the full platform is way beyond my reach.
2) @Steve Car won't give me one for Christmas -or any other occasions (so I've been told)

BTW With UAV ToolBox I have pre launch planning on the H480, however I haven't seen any indications that UAVTB works with ST16s (anyone reading this please chime in if you know).

There are definitely compromises with the Plus platform. Having no cruise control will be missed, but no Rates control is a biggie and was one of my main hesitations. After a conversation with @Ty Pilot (who like me is an old school UAV pilot), he convinced me the Plus handled so well he wouldn't change 'em if he could. So I guess we'll soon see if Ty and I are on the same "Sticks" page.

Reactions: thoneter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apalomba