Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Impulse Christmas Shopping (Steve Carr, Ty pilot, and AH-1G Style)

But it’s true. Since obtaining the 920 November 2017 I’ve flown each of my H’s but once. One to check EMI around some high voltage lines before flying the 920 and the other a couple weeks ago to assure everything worked in order sell it. The 920 does everything the H does, and does it better while also doing things the 520 will do, sans mapping, and stuff the H Plus won’t.

The current pricing for a new 920, when you can find one, is on par or less than a 520, and I think a much better value than the Plus. You don’t have to auction your house to obtain batteries for a 920 as well. You won’t carry it in a back pack or overhead luggage though.

Reactions: Steve Carr
You won’t carry it in a back pack or overhead luggage though.
That's kind of a deal breaker for me. I think the provided backpack with TH is way to bulky for any hike or bike treks I take the H on. In fact it has never left the house, it's storage when I'm not flying, and even as storage it is seldom used because I fly it so much. I prefer retracting the landing skids and strapping it to my normal sized day pack like a big Frisbee.

Value aside, I could no more afford a 520 than a 920, so at the $1200 price point, a 480 is all I could ever afford. Finding a Plus for that much was fluke.

Almost as good as getting one from @Steve Carr, who is off the Santa hook now. Guess I can start taking the pins out my @Steve Carr Voodoo doll, they weren't working anyway!

But the propless 480 gathers dust

My 480 is taking a well deserved . . . . vacation ;) and is posed to go 'back in' if called upon.

Seriously though, it is just another in the 'collection' as time marches on, albeit one that I have a lot of respect for. Think I will take it out for some flying this week. :cool:

Reactions: PatR and DCH
Kind of like my 810. By the time the camera is installed again, gimbal balanced, and set up the monitor I’m plumb wore out. So it hangs from the ceiling of the shop to collect a little less dust than on the floor.

DCH,

I’m with ya on the money thing. Unless and until something comes along that will generate a lot of revenue I can’t justify buying another drone regardless of what it can do. I just can’t get excited trying to impress myself. Shoot, just waking up in the morning gets that done.

Last edited:
Reactions: thoneter and DCH
I haven't seen any indications that UAVTB works with ST16s (anyone reading this please chime in if you know).
If we could get enough people interested in the Toolbox for the Plus we might be able to get Tuna to work on an update. I think his position is simply a low return on a great deal of work to make it available.

Reactions: thoneter and DCH
Well put me on the list of anxious people willing to financially support his efforts!
Is there anything else out there that displays the telemetry data as nicley as UAVTB? I've become hooked on it!

So Steve, you really didn't feel those pins? Man, there must have been a hundred of 'em!

Chef in the Sky? When you look at it like this, I'm not sure if I should grab an apron, or an umbrella! :rolleyes:

ScreenHunter_5968 Dec. 03 02.48.jpg

Reactions: thoneter
Ya call that a knife....

Wait until you get to play with one using eight 40” props. I can’t post a picture for legal reasons but that beast is intimidating. About 15’ from motor center to motor center and not at all transport friendly.

Ya know, we haven’t heard from Steve in a few days now.

Hey! Don't look at me! I pulled all the pins out of that @Steve Carr Voodoo doll before I tossed it on the compost pile. At least I think I did......

Maybe like Scrooge he had a change of heart, and he's busy loading his sleigh full of H Plusss for all the children on the forum. WOW! Steve, you're the man! And since I have a Plus coming now, you can give mine to one of the less fortunate children who might only have one or two drones to play with.

I'm pretty sure he's busy putting on weight and growing out his beard! He'll be back after 1 or 2 hundred pounds!

Reactions: DCH

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold