Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Incident using Typhoon H Flight Planner. Could someone please evaluate?

Reaction score
I usually use UAV Toolbox, but today, I used Typhoon H Flight Planner (Flight Planner H - Waypoints Creator for Yuneec Typhoon H) to plan an orbit flight around my neighborhood. The first time I created the flight plan, I kept the direction of the camera pointing to the point of interest in the middle (1) and the flight was without incident. I then edited the flight plan so that the camera was pointing to the next way point. (Attached as "Planned"). My location is depicted as the green diamond. At approximately the red star, the H seemed to drop from the sky! It dropped out of sight and I could not see it anymore and I thought for sure it had crashed! I started running over to the approximate location and while doing so, I switched to RTH. A short time after, as I was heading to the area of the apparent crash, I heard the H flying overhead! (I actually do not know when I hit RTH, but it was certainly way before it shows on the UAV Toolbox actual flight path. Luckily, I did not crash and I was able to land! However, there was still an incident where it went WAY off the planned route. I took a snapshot of the actual flight path from UAV toolbox (Attached as "Actual"). The yellow arrow on the "Planned" pic is about where UAV toolbox shows that it went off course, but again it was more like the location of the red star. Telemetry of the flight is attached as well. Could someone take a look at it and give me an idea as to what might have caused this?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Planned.JPG
    Planned.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Actual.png
    Actual.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
  • Telemetry_00173 - Copy.txt
    758.2 KB · Views: 7
There is a point part way into the flight where the number of sats goes to zero. There are some strange numbers in GPS accH for several seconds, but I don't know how to interpret that.
My best guess would be something went wrong with the waypoint coordinates. The H seemed to be flying in a straight line at around 18 but the internal coordinates didn't appear to move until you hit RTH. It might be worth planning another short flight and watch the progress very closely.

There is a point part way into the flight where the number of sats goes to zero. There are some strange numbers in GPS accH for several seconds, but I don't know how to interpret that.
My best guess would be something went wrong with the waypoint coordinates. The H seemed to be flying in a straight line at around 18 but the internal coordinates didn't appear to move until you hit RTH. It might be worth planning another short flight and watch the progress very closely.

Thanks for taking a look at it. I sent the telemetry to Yuneec. I'll see what they say about it

Thanks for taking a look at it. I sent the telemetry to Yuneec. I'll see what they say about it
They certainly must have better software to analyze the files. All I can do is look for anomalies.

I usually use UAV Toolbox, but today, I used Typhoon H Flight Planner (Flight Planner H - Waypoints Creator for Yuneec Typhoon H) to plan an orbit flight around my neighborhood. The first time I created the flight plan, I kept the direction of the camera pointing to the point of interest in the middle (1) and the flight was without incident. I then edited the flight plan so that the camera was pointing to the next way point. (Attached as "Planned"). My location is depicted as the green diamond. At approximately the red star, the H seemed to drop from the sky! It dropped out of sight and I could not see it anymore and I thought for sure it had crashed! I started running over to the approximate location and while doing so, I switched to RTH. A short time after, as I was heading to the area of the apparent crash, I heard the H flying overhead! (I actually do not know when I hit RTH, but it was certainly way before it shows on the UAV Toolbox actual flight path. Luckily, I did not crash and I was able to land! However, there was still an incident where it went WAY off the planned route. I took a snapshot of the actual flight path from UAV toolbox (Attached as "Actual"). The yellow arrow on the "Planned" pic is about where UAV toolbox shows that it went off course, but again it was more like the location of the red star. Telemetry of the flight is attached as well. Could someone take a look at it and give me an idea as to what might have caused this?

Thanks!
Hello Sir, just to say that I find the location very interesting and with nice names, wondered in which town this was located.
Had a thought concerning WiFi interferences (RFI + geo-magnetic interferences) perhaps hitting your electronics in the Typhoon H.
And also wondered whether using a 4Hawks SR Raptor antenna will give better results due to improved signal quality.
These are just food for thought with no claims of improvements.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NetsolWater