Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Inclimate weather

Thank you all for your help with my stupidity pushing the wrong button! I plan to tear the drone down sometime this week. I will keep you all posted with what other damage (hopefully none) I find!

Crash update:

I got the body of the drone disassembled.

The battery tray is broken, I already suspected that since the connectors are all askew.

I did not see any damage on the PCB so I plugged a battery in and turned it on. The controller would not connect to the drone, the drone itself beeped an error code at me several times before I smelled smoke and it stopped, crap...

I was flying a small airplane near a thunderstorm and I went from 9000 feet down to 4000 feet in 2 minutes because of a downdraft. Maybe that is what the drone experienced.

I was flying a small airplane near a thunderstorm and I went from 9000 feet down to 4000 feet in 2 minutes because of a downdraft. Maybe that is what the drone experienced.
what were you flying?

If your read post #18 you you;ll see he turned off the motors, by accident.

Back to compass calibration issue, I always do my calibration again after first flight and swapping the second battery. That's is me and I haven't had any issues with my Typhoon H pro. I have head it on this forum it is not necessary after the first calibration. But, I always have this feeling of if there is a disconnection between the craft and the ST16, there must be a calibration again to let both the Craft and the St16 sync and shake hands again. That's my take.

After a few years of watching compass cal problems I would suggest doing so only when you have a very good reason. A good cal doesn't get better by doing it more. Many times it will get worse. Do a good cal and then leave it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval