Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Inexpensive wizard

Reaction score
If you are looking for an inexpensive wizard for your Q500 Horizon Hobby is clearing out the Chroma wizard for $29.99.. I got mine for the same price at my LHS by showing them the online price. It works with the Q500 . Just thought I would let you guys know.

If you are looking for an inexpensive wizard for your Q500 Horizon Hobby is clearing out the Chroma wizard for $29.99.. I got mine for the same price at my LHS by showing them the online price. It works with the Q500 . Just thought I would let you guys know.
I did a little searching and some forums state it will work with a Typhoon H after an update is done to the Wizard. Can anyone on this forum verify/validate that?

• In-Built LiPo Battery Voltage/Capacity: 3.7V 500mAh
  • Compatible Aircraft: Q500, Q500+, Q500 4K, Typhoon-H
  • Compatible Cameras: CGO2-GB, CGO2+, CGO3, CGO3+
  • Working Hours: 3.5h

I never did get a straight answer from Yuneec as to is there a LIPO battery or a Lithium Ion.
Would not be good to use a LIPO, could never put it into storage voltage.

I never did get a straight answer from Yuneec as to is there a LIPO battery or a Lithium Ion.
Would not be good to use a LIPO, could never put it into storage voltage.
The Wizard uses a Lithium-Ion bat. Otherwise it would be difficult to manage storage and might be a safety issue if you have the Wizard in your pocket.

Gentlemen I was reading your posts regarding the type of battery in the Chroma wizard the one Horizon Hobby sells. I just went to the manual and the battery is a LI PO 3.7v 500mah charge time is about 2 hours according to the manual mine was actually just over 1 hr. The manual states working time 3.5 hrs. If I am not going to use my Wizard for a while I will just leave it on for a couple of hours that should drain the battery to an approximate storage state voltage. FYI it comes with a waterproof armband ,USB charging cord , wrist strap and instructional manuals in several languages.

Being extremely new to the sport, is the wizard actually useful and used by pilots versus the controller? Just wondering cause at this point I can't see giving up full control of the drone with that of a simple controller . I see they are still for sale on that auction site.
Just wondering.

You'll always fly with the box first.
The wand is just an added toy to play with after you get good with your Q.
There is no display with the wand and you need to now your camera well to know what your aimed at.
It's a fun toy but the box is what I primarily fly with.
Good luck,
Jafo

Tks, sounds like I should avoid for now like I thought. By the time I get good at this, which could take some time, I bet there will be better drones with more capabilities and opportunities.
Tks again.

Thanks for the info, Horizon Hobby on eBay still had them on sale, picked one up for $25. Also scored a open box Deco Gear backpack (W/ foam) for $19 inc. shipping.

Reactions: Jafo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers